Trade with the Texans for the first overall pick... Fisher 4 BUSH???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Hellblitzer, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The issue isn't IF we would trade Fisher for the pick. The issue is NO team would trade the first pick in the draft for Fisher straight up. I'm not sure there is a coach in the NFL with the exception of maybe Bill Belichick, who has the highest postseason winning percentage of any head coach in NFL history, and is the only head coach to win 3 Super Bowls within 4 years. Still, even Belichick isn't going to win without good players.

2. coltman18

coltman18 Guest

I agree that no way would Tennessee get the #1 pick for Fisher straight up.

So, let's crush that nutty thought.

[​IMG]

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Man, It's a stuggle just to kick it out! You're funny though! :ha:
    How 'bout dump Chow and bring in this pair
    for offensive and defensive coordinators?

[​IMG]

Honestly, even though I've knocked on my favorite cowpoke Overalls for being a fan of a "Dom Caper's coached team"...I think I'd like Dom okay...

Do you think Berman would do the
    Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom,
    dooty, doo,
    Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom...
    for us? The nice thing about getting Dom is all he would have to do is fill out an application. Don't let your Texan hate blind you. Dom did good things in Carolina before things went sour. Bullwinkle would be better than Swartzie. Besides, that's great rivalry fodder 'ya know...:winker:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i am pretty certain you cant do that. I remeber it was an issue after it happened.

5. JohnnyTitan

JohnnyTitan Camp Fodder

Yeah, I thought the trading of picks for a coach was off limits as well. Our local paper had an article about the coaching changes & said that if the Chiefs get Edwards they may have to give up some draft picks. Given it was a local paper, but the article was straight off the AP.

6. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

we don't need #1 pick!

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duh?

7. TouchDown29

TouchDown29 Guest

I would love to bring the DOMS DAY defense to Nashville.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

YOU TALKIN ABOUT A BIG FISHA' OR A LITTLE FISHA' ???

9. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

1st time poster. Jeff is a very good coach. He may not be the best, but I would put him near the top. This would be an incredibly stupid move to let him go. I mean if you let them go who the heck are they gonna bring in that is anywhere near the head coach Jeff Fisher is.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Welcome to the forum, vnomus2.

Though I think Fisher is a good coach, you have to look at the team he's put on the field the last two seasons. Give him a pass for an injury-plagued team in '04 but the undisciplined team we saw this year points to a problem. Maybe Fisher gets things back on track but I don't think he did a good job coaching this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar