Trade with the Texans for the first overall pick... Fisher 4 BUSH???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Hellblitzer, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

now im just being realistic, what do you think about tradeing Fisher to the Texans for the first overall pick?

I like Fisher, but im kinda seeing some writeing on the wall, could it be we need to make a trade while we still can and rebuild the franchise in one draft picking #1 and #3???

Could Dave Mcginnis hold the fort or someone else we could bring in as head coach?

Now Im happy keeping Fisher, but why not?

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

See Gunny post.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why not?

because a) its stupid and b) you cant trade players/picks for coaches.

4. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Tampa did for Gruden........... How did the Raiders get Sapp..... So Stupid is as Stupid does, after stupid opens it's mouth!!!!!!!!!

5. Nash

Nash Starter

Hellblitzer, unfortunately the rule was changed after the Gruden deal and you can no longer make such a trade...you sound even goofier in light of this fact

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I think you're idea is friggin' 1) Stupid and 2) Unrealistic. No one would give a #1 overall pick for a coach like Fisher. Hell, any coach. The difference? Tampa Bay gave their 32nd pick for a coach who is considerably more talented then Fisher is.

7. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

bs........

Make the trade on a handshake...say trade Thompson for the first overall pick, then release Fisher from his contract and he signs with Houston... its called bending but not breaking.

Anyway, it was just a thought.... I guess it was satupid, even though it happened just a cou[ple years back.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The NFL would look into it when you trade a hack like Thompson for the #1 pick.

FYI Sapp was signed as a Free Agent.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Post, Gunny, post!
    Post, post, post.

(sorry, couldn't help myself.....)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar