Trade Up in the Second Round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

What does everybody think about using some of our extra picks to trade up in the second? It wouldnt cost as much as trading up in the first and like every year the Titans seem to have more than there fair share of picks (even if they are second day picks.)

We would be able to trade up and get some quality (vs quantity, which has been our strategy the last couple of years) players that potentially have first round talent

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I might see how high that Ravens 4th can get us. I honestly feel that the 2nd is one round where the talent will start to run somewhat dry for the position by the time it gets to us.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

depending on who's there, I wouldn't mind a draft day trade

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

For which position(s)???

Gut

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

If we go defense in the first we may be able to trade up and grab one of the unclaimed WRs (Bowe, Meachum, Jarrett) or vice versa..... I know that he had a terrible senior year but i do think that quintin moses would be a good grab in the second to fill one of our DE spots

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Jarrett will more than likely be a first rounder and Meachem and Bowe could also both find their way into the first. I could definately go for one of those WRs in the first and trading up if someone like Griffin drops to the second :yes:

7. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

That still leaves Sidney Rice and Steve Smith, Johnny Lee Miller, etc. for round two...IF we go D in the 1st

I'm for trading up, or even trading enough to get a second Rnd 2 pick...

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I want Lamar Woodley DE/OLB. Trade up for him in the 2nd.

9. mitnibobo

mitnibobo Guest

the only way i see jarrett falling into the 2nd is if he runs a 4.7 at his pro day. it happened to anquan boldin a few years back. if we could grab a cb or de in the first and a guy like meacham was available at 35 or somewhere around there, i'd be estatic if we traded up.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I think Jason Hill would be a good find in the second too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar