Trade talk on NFL Gameday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I'm a gluten for punishment so I decided to watch NFL Gameday on the NFL Network. Nothing like seeing highlights and hearing about how horrible the Titans are, but.... they had a small segment about possible trades since the trade deadline is the 20th of this month. They asked what trades would make sense and one of the "analyst" said that the Titans should trade KVB to the Eagles. Since KVB is a free agent next year, the Titans could always sign him back after the season.

I haven't even heard rumors about this until now. It surprised me. If we traded KVB, it would solidify that this team has totally given up IMO.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

"KVB gives us the best chance to win" sorry Fisher has spoken no TRADE! We only lose players to Money. thats how the KVB era will end.

3. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Wouldn't be the first DE that went to the Eagles then came back to the team

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Trading him would be a good move.we won't be keeping him next year and he's an unselfish player who deserves better than what his coaches and team mates are giving right now.

Trade him for. Kolb

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Throw in a Scaife trade to Cinncy and we're talking business. We're too stupid to trade players for draft picks before they hit free agency in 4 months and we have no intention on re-signing them in the first place.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. amy

amy Starter

It appears that small market teams obsess over money. Good players come to Nashville to play and improve and the year after they make their mark on the team, they ask for a increase in salary-as they should-and immediately get traded for some' has been' or another 'will be'. It happens to the Preds as well as the Titans. Frankly, I'm surprised both teams have done as well as they have, considering how often the good players depart for greener pastures. The Flyers are thought to be going to the finals this season. A third of the roster is made up of former Preds! Well, maybe not that many, but enough to make an impact on team performance, and all of them were traded because we didn't want to pay them.

7. iQon

iQon Starter

If anybody misses Haynesworth, it's Kearse and KVB. Talk about disappearing. Letting them go doesn't signal the end of our season, it's beneficial to our cap. They're not very effective now that the line all has to make plays individually.

That said, KVB is a captain, they're not going to trade him.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'd love to try to make a trade to get us a 2nd round pick back and maybe then some. I'm sure we wont do anything but it would be nice.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yep. Considering how many players we are likely going to lose after this season that missing 2nd rounder will really hurt.
    Probably won't happen though.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't know that this helps the team. Unless you can land a 3 or higher then what is the point. It means downgrading the position substantially in my opinion. KVB could be here for a few more years. He's having a bad year, and that should help the money part of it if he wants to be here. I just don't see the trade helping the team. If the team were talentless then ok. But I think most of us see the Titans as a talented team that just needs to make some changes here and there to help the workhorses like KVB do their job better. KVB is a glue guy. He may not be good on his own, but with a top talent around him, he seems to do well. So why get rid of that. Just bring in the new talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar