trade pick to the Jets?!?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2toneblue77, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smili

smili Starter

They need a QB badly and have their RB in Ronnie Brown with big contract. Ricky has value for alot of teams though and is still legit starter in league

2. smili

smili Starter

I could see the Jets moving up if they want Leinart or Young. Haven't heard about Pennington's recovery, but at time it was initially considered potentially career ending - and there are serious doubts about bringing in someone like Volek. I think Volek has potential to be a good QB, but he needs the right situation and the Jets might be one of the teams where he'd fit, but if you grade Leinart and Young as Franchise QB its hard to pass.

If the Titans don't think either Leinart/Young are franchise QB but some other team does, then trading down makes sense to me. I'm going to want a the 4th overall and 2nd rounder (36th overall) to give up 3 though, and even then I'd probably want something else too given the big drop in value from 3 to 4 in this draft. Who do we draft at #4 when the "big 3" are off the board? At 4 I'm still wanting to trade down and not sure there will be any takers.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Hawk or Ferguson...

Besides, Ricky is a middle of the road starter at best while the running backs we have now are about the same. Ricky is old and obviously not the kind of guy you want in the locker room. Why make a move for him ?

4. JohnnyTitan

JohnnyTitan Camp Fodder

Don't think I'd consider Booker a #1.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

That's simply wrong. The Jets cap "issue" is that they have a lot of money tied up in the QB position because they just signed Pennington to a $60M deal last year. They can't afford to spend any more money there. They need to start elsewhere, and will be able to do so.

They would never trade up with us unless Reggie Bush was still there, and if Bush was there at #3 we would never give it up.

If anything the Jets will trade up to #1 to get Bush and the Texans will take Ferguson at #4.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jets are desperate for a QB?

Not if they think pennington can come back in good health. That's the main issue and pennington is fairly young and third year QB brooks bollinger didn't play bad.

I think they are more interested in the heir apparent to curtis martin. That means they might be willing to trade down a few spots and hopefully still get deangelo williams. Bush is too far out of reach. Of course if i was them i'd just take ferguson, a quality left tackle who can play there for the next decade.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Actually, Pennington is 29. He turns 30 in June. Since there is still a chance that he can be a solid starter for 3 more years or so, they'll probably address running back first, but I suspect they might take a shot at one of the many good lower round deals at QB. I hear that McNeal has impressed at the practices.

8. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

I would trade down in a New York minute. We are in immediatte need at linebacker and safety. I would use the extra draft picks to jump all over AJ Hawk and hope to land a top safety in the 2nd round. I would even consider packaging my 2nd and 3rd rounders to get a shot at getting Ko Simpson in the late 1st round.

The Titans are not in immediate need at QB as of right now. We can hold off another year.

9. Nash

Nash Starter

After reading the paper this am, Cutler and Brick are on the North squad of the Senior Bowl so that Fisher and Chow can work them out first hand.. so maybe a trade down might happen...but maybe we trade down to Arizona's slot so they can take VY, and we get Cutler..

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I disagree

Young ,Lienart and Cutler are 3 of the better prospects at QB to come out recently. the QB class for the next few years probably won't be as promising as this one.

if we wait til next year I would REALLY like Troy Smith
    but if the shot is there for Young to be a Titan and learn from his mentor, then it really is one of the best fits

Cutler being a hometown boy with a knack for lifting teams above their level of play makes him an attraction to

Leinart played 3 years in Chow's system and could step in to play if McNair were to get hurt and/or Volek is traded. his familiarity makes him a 'smart' pick

the ONLY way one of these aren't Titans is if Reggie Bush is there @ 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar