Trade out of 3rd Round!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Boldin will not be traded. They have the best WR core in the NFL, which is the obvious strength of the team. The Cardinals FO is smart enough to not split up their top 3 receivers until they have to (when Boldin becomes a FA in 2 years, if they can't resign him).

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well, I don't really want to post every team's third round selections over the last decade.

But the research can easily be done at NFL's draft website, which allows you to sort draft history by team.

And in fairness, I don't know how our crappy 3rd round history stacks up to other teams 3rd round history. I just know our 3rd round history sucks! :ha:

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You can get addicted to that site. Keep dreaming these scenarios of what if we had drafted this guy instead.

Like how many quality CBs we could have drafted in 2003 instead of woolfolk. There were about 6 of them!

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I wouldn't say sucked, but there were players they clearly should NOT have drafted....Shad Meier and Craig Stevens come to mind. It is stupid to use a 3rd rnd pick on a guy who's 3rd and your depth chart and won't play or play much at all while you have weaknesses that can be fixed that will play significant roles. The only other big no no was Rich Gardner. I had him as a late 5th rnd pick and no one I knew thought that highly of him. Terrible pick!

I don't have too many negatives about the other players. Some panned out like Kinney, Pillar, Brown, Starks, and Jones. Others not so much.

Gut

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Do you think the Craig Stevens pick could've been the FO looking forward at the fact that Scaife was going to be a free agent? Without Scaife, we go from deep to possibly short-handed.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

well, obviously Stevens is a "blocking TE"....why pick up Crumpler when this guy is supposed to be the best blocking TE in the draft?

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Stevens also ran a 4.5. I'd like to see what he could do with more playing time.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

^

Yeah, that was his upside. Untapped potential as a pass-catcher. Stevens was the 2nd fastest TE at the combine and went unheralded for that trait.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

And we signed Crumpler before the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar