Trade Out of #3?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and chances are he does

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maybe. But I'm not going to buy into the hype until he does something at the Senior Bowl.

3. TANK CALICO

TANK CALICO Guest

I see your points but to me qb position is not where you take a notch below when you can take a notch above

4. TANK CALICO

TANK CALICO Guest

I would do that scenario with any other position probably though

5. TANK CALICO

TANK CALICO Guest

Ill be honest with you, I was not a young fan nor am i today but i might be when the 3rd pick comes around. what he displayed against USC was pretty impressive though and if he can bring that to us I would love to have him

6. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

If our plan is to trade down with the intent to select Cutler and pick-up extra picks ie: regain that lost 3rd for the Henry deal... I'm all for it. That being said... the Titans' intel better be legit, because if we get leap-frogged by a team like Miami, Cardinals' or fall below a team like the Raiders' which have all shown a interest in Cutler ( Word of mouth )... I'll seriouly question who's best interest they're looking out for, the teams furture or theirs. We need to walk out of there with a legit QB... Leinart, Cutler or Young.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I agree. But I'm just saying it all boils down to how Reese grades out these guys. Based on what I've seen, I don't make the trade, FWTW.

Let's assume Reese likes Cutler. The problem is he is not guaranteed he'll be there if he trades down. It would almost benefit him if Cutler doesn't do too well in the Senior Bowl/Pro Day so that teams will come up for Young/Leinart who want a QB and Reese has a better shot at getting Culter with the lower pick.

8. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I think it's a nice position to be in, after a crappy season. At least it gives us something to look forward to.

Vince, under McNair's tutelage, could be truly great. Mac was from a small school, studied under the great Chris Chandler, after all, and he turned out pretty decent. Imagine a guy like Vince, who played against MUCH tougher comp, will study under a bonifide MVP...I kind of like it.

But Cutler's from Vandy, so there's hometown love involved there, too.

It's a nice place to be in.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, but I believe that the only reason why Cutler is "a notch below" is becuase he played at Vanderbilt on a relatively weak defensive team in a crushingly brutal conference with little offensive weaponry and coaching not quite on par with Carrol

Trust me when I say this :
    Had Jay Cutler played @ USC you'd probably be looking at Cutler as a Top 5 pick (which ironically he might eventually end up)

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

After two years where we basically stockpiled picks and drafted a heap of rookies, I think this year we need quality, not quantity. More than anything our offense needs a centrepiece to build around. The last 10 years that has been Eddie and then McNair. Chris Brown is not durable enough to build an offense around, so we either need an every down stud RB or a franchise QB. I vote QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar