trade Mawae...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

hahhahha...yeah this is really a somewhat misnamed thread..but in the end i really woulnt mind such a case...not for this yr though...let me expalin

we lost loper..i didnt like that...really was a bigger hit for us than most think..... but harris is in his 3rd yr right now of 4 yr contract.

mawae idn i feel he's overrated. i that just b/c his name/rep he takes alot of credit for our line play which only to a certain extent he should but not to the degree he is praised to; thing is we dont have good backup like we used to.....

w/ harris and loper we had a situation where two starting line men could get injurd and our line play wouldnt drop significantly maybe at all (i.e. loper/harris could fill in for amano/mawae/ maybe even scott).

i feel like our line right now is def good enough where mawae's presence is not needed as much as it was when they were gelling. n the guy is old..how much can he hosostly have left

basically now, i like harris and i dont want jim to come take him from us year after next. im worried the titans wont resign this guy if he doesnt prove anything come gameday.

if the tackle we drafted in the 4th and the guard in the 7th prove to be good and versatile..which under mike anything can happen....woulnt mind putting mawae on the block sooner than later.

thoughts....

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He has very little trade value. At his age in the final year of his contract the most we could get for him might be a 7th rd pick. Maybe higher if some team lost their starting center in camp.

Given that we are in a super bowl run i think it is important for us to have an experienced player like that. Harris will have next year to prove himself and the coaches certainly know what he can do.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mawae is a good guy to have around. He can teach other guys a lot, and he's a great big brother type in the locker room. (or at least it seems that way)
    He also seems like the type that wouldn't mind sitting if he thought it was best for the team.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

His biggest weakness is being healthy for the playoffs. He hasn't been there for us the last 2 years but you know he really wants that ring.

We have a bunch of vet players who really want this.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He is the leader of our offense as of right now. He's always the first guy to get to the line of scrimmage when the teams switch sides at the end of a quarter. He's a great guy and a hell of a player. This is his last season, and he deserves to win the big game.

You said not this year? Well, if this isn't his last year, I'll cut my sack off. He's old, beat up, and I don't see him starting more than 8 games this season.

No point in trading him, at all. We could probably get a 5th round pick for him. Worth it? No.

EDIT: just saw where Roll Tide said we would get a 7th... that's probably more likely... in other words, trading him would be absolutely worthless. A team like the Steelers would love to have them because they suck! And we're going to tear that O-line up just like we did last time!

6. titan_fan_4ever

idn the way he talks sounds like hes got 3 more yrs in him...we can squeeze a 4th maybe outa that...and whats wrong w/ that....stewy was drated in the later rounds so was amano, scott...linemen dont hv to be early...plus like i said..

anyone trainin under mike can become a star

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's 38. No way.

8. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

His trade value is an 8th round pick...

9. titan_fan_4ever

shhhhh

me and u dont belive it....thats y im sayin trade him.....

but maybe some1 out there does.

10. tinytitansfan

tinytitansfan Starter

Mawae is way to important to let go this year. His leadership could really help us make a run at a championship this year. I would love to see Harris get some time this year for experience and to keep Mawae fresh. Mawae sets the attitude for an offensive line with a chippy attitude. Lets keep our O-line as an advantage over most if not every team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar