Trade for a vet?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ropy0386, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I haven't said a thing about a fourth. I said I would trade a fifth. We have the first pick in the fifth round. If another team wants to offer up a fourth then so be it. They can have a guy with injury issues and has already quit once.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ok we're done

3rd rounder guys, thats the compensation we should offer SF for Davis, maybe even package Hunter to sweeten the deal

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

people overvalue rookies and undervalue veterans..

A solid vet is a known commodity. The rookie could be an all-star, but is even more likely to be a total washout.

Give me the proven person every time, unless they are broken down, or over the hill.

In hindsight, what was that Hunter pick worth? that Wright pick? That Warmack pick? Not much more than a hill of beans... especially considering players like Anquan Boldin, Randy Moss, etc. were traded for like 6th round picks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

fry would like you to believe Davis has a bum knee and is insane/unmotivated

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't really know anything about him other than that I've heard his name before. If they had full confidence that he wanted to play, and wanted to play in Nashville..

then they'd be stupid to not pick him up over a 3rd round pick player.

I'd like to see the starter-worthy percentage of players taken in the 3rd round.. couldn't be more than 30%. Looking through a few drafts, 20 percent would probably be a generous guess.

Titans under Webster would have been better off trading 50 percent of their picks for established players. It would suck fitting it all under the cap, but our roster would be much better today.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well it isn't like he made that **** up.

7. JCBRAVE

idk those stats either but Im guessing youre close

as for Davis, yes lets see or hear more first but based on game footage we'd be lucky to add him

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Fry would like a guy who didn't choose to not get paid for over a year to get his body right at the age of 26.

If it was guaranteed that he would be at least 80% of his former self and he would play the next three years then it would be a no-brainer. As of right now he hasn't indicated one way or the other what his plans are for 2016 and the draft is in 14 days.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

did he not file for reinstatement?

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I read somewhere he announced his intention to do so, but don't think he has yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar