Trade down with the rams.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

From what i have read the rams are in love with desean jackson. They are picking at the top of the second rd and would be willing to trade up for our 24th pick. With many of the good WR prospects falling off the first rd for various reasons we could still get a player we want(manningham, hardy, thomas, kelly) and pick up some more picks.

The trade up value for us to do that based on jeff's chart is equal to the 90th pick or for the rams equal to their 4th and 6th rd picks. That would give us a high pick in a rd in which we have none(6th) and 3 4th rd picks which provide us with a lot of flexibility. Our regular 4th rd pick and the high 4th from the rams could be used to trade up to the mid 3rd round. Or we could use that high 4th rd pick to move up in the second to get a corner like porter.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Trading out of 24 and still getting the WR we wanted most in the early 2nd round sounds like the absolute ideal scenario. If we end up pulling that off, I'll be very, very happy.

What makes you think the Rams like Desean Jackson so much? Is it just the fans that are enamored with him or is it the actual FO?

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Maybe we can trade for Bennett? :suspect:

4. I'd be willing to trade down with the Rams, though I'd like their 2nd and 3rd to make it happen.

Another option I thought about would be trading our 1st and 3rd for 2 of Atlanta's 2nd rounders (they have 3).

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A writer from the post dispatch wrote a story about jackson attenting a camp when he was younger held by al saunders and the current rams WR coach. They also quoted their head coach as liking the kid.

He was one of the visting prospects there.

The fins are not going to trade up for him now that they have invested in ginn so they are the next pick in rd 2.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I like the idea. If we are going WR first, this would be great but if we go DE we won't make the trade. It just depends who is left when our pick comes.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the Falcons may want to jump ahead of the Fins second-round pick. I don't think they'll have to come as high as #24 but you never know.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Number of Teams that want to trade down - 30-32
    Number of Teams that want to trade up - 0-2

If Devin Thomas is gone I'd support a trade down as well, but the chance of that happening is generally pretty low.

9. Well... it all depends on who is still left on the board. Maybe there's 1 guy we really want. Or maybe there's one guy someone else really wants and we don't have anyone we think is worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar