Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JiminyBillyBob, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Speaking of center, I wish we had signed Gurode while he was available to at least get us through this season until we could draft someone.

Before I say my trade idea, I'll preface it by saying I realize trades don't happen in the NFL like they do in the other sports. And in no way do I believe this is a possiblity, but if there was a trade to make here is my idea: The Eagles have a terrible O-line and Vick is constantly under pressure and getting hit. Let's trade Jake Scott (heck I'll throw in Amano but I doubt that sweetens the pot, might actually be a threat) to the Eagles for Jason Avant. That still leaves the Eagles with Jackson and Maclin at WR, gives them a servicable offensive guard, and gives us a more respectible WR than what we have now that Kenny is out. Thoughts?

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I bet they trade KB for a 7th to the Colts.

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

We won't make a trade of any value. And since no one is offering a Mike Dita/Ricky Williams type deal for CJ it will be a snooze. Most major trades in the NFL do not happen durin the season. That's a MLB ting.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't think the Eagles would do that trade. Jake Scott for one is in the final year of his contract and turning 31 before next season. Scott is on his way out of the NFL and set to make $4.7M this year whereas Jason Avant is very affordable, and only getting better. Also with Jackson & Maclin constantly banged up, Avant is a cheap insurance policy.

I like the idea for us though. Just doubt it has any chance of happening.

5. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

I thought Avant was mad old. Idk, I started following the Eagles 3 years ago when I came to Philly. I thought I remembered hearing him referred to as "the veteran" reciever at that time. If he's 6ish years in, that's pretty old in WR years. Not ancient, but not young. He's just their only big redzone target since Celek isn't a great recieving tight end and the rest of their wideouts are supermidgets.

An observation I made, being that the Titans are my team, and Philly's my market. These two teams should actually get together before the trade deadline. They have a lot to offer each other. The Eagles NEED a line a safety and a linebacker to live up to their expectations, and we need a decent reciever in the worst way.

The most awesomest thing about this idea, is they'd probably actually give a lot up for Chris freakin Hope and Jake Long. Just based off how badly they need a safety that can tackle and some sort of a line.

Could you imagine: Steve Smith, a 3rd round pick, a 5th round pick for Chris Hope and Jake Long. That's like getting a young reciever with tons of potential and two draft picks for a dude that's gonna retire and a dude that's gonna get cut. And the Eagles really would do it. Somebody tell Bud.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

An upgrade at center and guard could have easily been made had we cut Chris Hope. It's still possible, but very hard to manage with the amount of money we have to work with.

Shaun O'Hara is still a free agent. Leonard Davis: free agent. Outside those two, I admit there aren't many options.

I would love to have O'Hara, but I assume he's still battling injury issues and wants too much money. If there's any way we can make it happen though, we should. I can't believe he's a free agent.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

And to whoever mentioned Gurode, I actually made a thread about him when he was released. I really wanted us to bring him in.

In fact, we could still potentially trade for him or Birk... I'm confused with the Ravens having two top 10 centers on their team.

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

trade cj for a decent receiver that doesnt get injured that can step in as a number 1 or 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar