Tracking our spending for 2012

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

How sure is everyone that Williams will make a full recovery back to his old self next season?

Not sure how pectoral tears heal or anything.

Just seems weird to throw lots of cash at people coming back from season ending injuries. Sure, you win out sometimes like NO did with Brees. But more often than not the player is never the same.

2. pettso

pettso Starter

No to Moss. Are you guys insane? There's no way he wants to play here and there's no way the FO even considers him. Honestly, I'd be surprised if he plays anywhere next year.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Something I've been wondering about... well, take a look at this article:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/report-tampa-bay-buccaneers-have-second-most-salary-cap-space-at-nearly/1215291

I've seen a few articles like this...

We won't know until free agency, but our $30 million under may be a drop in the bucket if we don't opt to roll our cap savings over. Players may get huge contracts this year. A lot of teams will have a lot of room to sign players. Also, looking at that, there's really no excuse for not signing our own players.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wow that is crazy. Can you roll it over multiple years? If so, that's just insanity... a team could build up for a like a 10 year mad spending spree where they could spend over the cap every year, right?

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I'm not sure if it's a temporary thing or whatever... From what I've read, it can be rolled over into 2013 instead of 2012.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

All these changes where foreseen though, thats why you saw so many one-year contracts being handed out last summer when free agency hit. Our $30M is a lot, much more than most good GM's could ever ask for. Think about it, Jake Lockers contract 2 years ago would have been in the $50M range, but instead it was $12.58M. With this much flexibility we can take our team anywhere. And you HAVE to like Webster as GM, word is it was him who mostly drafted last years class.

And teams have always "over spent".

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

It's not a lot compared to $60 million. I mean, this isn't a team that gets involved in bidding wars anyway. We're likely to see a very uneventful first and second day of free agency... just like every other year. The point is we may find a drought on day three this year compared to other years. We'll see...

Something that irks me though is the talk about how Finny might break the bank if we sign him. I don't think he would even with $30 million under, but we also have the ability to allocate more cap space this year. We always hear the talk about us building through the draft, but if we let every talented player we draft walk, we're not building, we're farming for the rest of the NFL.

8. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

As far as where the cap money is spent, I am improving my O and D lines before I sink a ton of money into a DB.The best corner can't cover when the QB has all day to throw. That said I would love to keep Finnegan at the right price,but we may be outbid when he hits the market.The Lions already have a dominant D-line and a final piece to a great D could be a feisty corner

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Randy Moss has never had any of those three....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar