Touring the mock drafts, and the Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans Insider, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Actually I'd do my happy dance.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I still don't think we'll take a guard...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Considering our free agent signings I tend to agree. This draft screams BPA now, and that could be just about anyone. Hopefully one of those top 3 OT's makes it to us, because were gonna get offers to trade down, and that would be ideal.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

BPA is stupid. Plain and simple.

Idc if Cordelle Patterson is considered the BPA when we draft. You dont take him. Thats what got the lions in trouble for so many years!

You draft what is your biggest need! You can do BPA at that position. But you dont just draft BPA ever!

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Not saying I agree with BPA, I don't 99% of the time. I'm just saying that that is how the F.O. is going to view the draft like it or not.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's way more complicated then just BPA or biggest need. You need to find the perfect balance between the two.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I agree with the perfect balance.. Take the 'BPA' at 10 that isn't a QB, RB, TE, T, C or WR or LB (no WR worth #10 IMO).

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

In years past I agree, but the FO seems to have been much smarter this off season, I can only hope and pray that carries into the draft. A solid draft and we're a playoff team next year, and we all know that's what Bud wants. This is the first time in a long time I'm excited for a draft, and have a little confidence in our FO to make the right decisions.

This past superbowl, half of the combined OL players were 1st round picks (pretty sure that's what it was). 50%, that speaks volumes. You want to give Locker the greatest opportunity to achieve, you allow him time in the pocket without getting crushed, and a run game that can pick up the first downs to keep drives alive.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Historically I think that balance you speak of is achieved by taking the BPA in the first round and addressing need in later rounds. The thing is when you are a really bad team, which we clearly are, the number 1 priority should be to fix your glaring problems. Funny thing is I think we are bad enough that literally any pick would be an upgrade. I'm not advocating BPA, but I think this year, it really wouldn't hurt us.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You got it right here.... BPA of DE, DT, OG, and CB. All depends how our FOs big board looks.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar