Tough Road to Rush vs Ravens ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I know that the Ravens are known for their defense and all ... but I didn't realize how great their defense has been against the rush for such a long time. Or the life of the franchise, really.

I know during their Super Bowl era or immediantly after they were touching greatness with their streak of games without a 100 yd rusher.

But I got curious just how great they have been and I looked up a couple stats.

1) They are the only NFL franchise to never allow anyone to rush for 200 yds against them, ever.

2) They have never allowed any rusher to get 1,000 career yards against them. That right there just blows my mind. The most effective rusher vs the Ravens ever was Eddie George. #27 got 973 yards against the defense in a 7-9 record. You'd think a Steelers RB going against their twice a season with the Steelers smashmouth style they used for so long would have smashed out 1,000 career yards vs the Ravens.

By the way, the 973 includes playoff yardage. If you remove the playoff, EG is #3 with 794 and The Bus is #1 with 969.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

You should delete this immediately for your own safety.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. RealestWhiteBoy

hahaha I think it's cool that we have the best RB vs the Raven D.

Also, I put money on 49ers over the Ravens in the Super Bowl ... so, I am trying to encourage myself that they can win Sunday for my own financial safety. :p

However, this makes me doubt the Ravens. Their D was vocal that they were tired after 90+ plays on the field vs the Colts. Then, they went into double OT, lost Time of Possession, and were on the field for another 87 plays vs the Broncos. The Pats aren't going to get out of the no-huddle ... so, they could be running low on fuel by the 3rd quarter.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You are runnin out of time man. Best delete this thing for your own good. F2W is right. People don't take kindly to Raven love 'round here.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

RavensShallBurn might actually murder you.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

I'm always down for a good stat.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Don't say you were not warned

8. RealestWhiteBoy

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Only reason they've never given up 200 yards in a game to a running back is because they knocked CJ out of the game. He was torching them.

Also, never giving up 1,000 yards to one RB isn't that impressive IMO. The average life of a RB in the NFL is 5 years. They haven't really faced a dominant RB twice a year for more than a couple years in a row.

I'm sure we have given up 1,000 + to MJD and will obviously give up 1,000+ to Foster some day. If the Ravens had to face those two twice a year, they'd give up 1000 as well.

Trent Richardson will eventually go for 1k on them.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

is this really a good stat or just a product of good scheduling/timing?

something to think about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar