Touchdown and other celebreations?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Mar 19, 2007.

?
  1. NO! Ban all endzone celebrations.

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. YES! A little un-rehearsed happiness is cool.

22 vote(s)
    61.1%
  3. Yes and I volunteer to jump into the endzone and do the cabbage patch dance witht he players.

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I hate these stupid poll threads, let's ban these!

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

why are celebrations so hated there half of the exitement of the touchdown

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the nfl's main reason for banning celebrations was that it took away from the team concept and that players were trying to individualize themselves. the problem with that is the nfl banned group celebrations about 6 years ago.

im all for the bringing back group celebrations. remember the bob and weave?

[​IMG]

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

indiviuals score td's, teams win championships. that shoudl be enough

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

yeah, that made no sense, and that's why I like to see the group celebrations.

Anyone else remember a couple years ago when six of the Titans players got fined for dancing together after an INT returned for a TD because they said it was 'choreographed'?

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i think i remeber that, wasnt it against the rams? in that superbowl?

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I guess celebrating isn't so bad as long as its not this...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/737HP01nLz4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/737HP01nLz4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

7. Fry

yet another family guy joke that waaaaaay to long.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

No, that is not true. He did the same celebration each time, and knew he couldn't let his butt hit, that is why Fisher was so miffed at the officials. One week it was OK, the next it wasn't. Hard to find consistancy with NFL refs. They fix the problem AFTER the game, but that doesn't help the game you are in. Best to just let it go, but as long as ESPN continues to show them hamming it up, it will continue.

9. Fry

yeah, the officials considered the goal post a prop. the league even said he should not have been flagged but, "he should find another way to celebrate"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar