Total Recall

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by nickmsmith, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

A question I have pondered for many years.....

In Total Recall, was the whole movie a part of the virtual reality action vacation program,

OR

Did everything actually go haywire?

discuss.....

(If you have no Idea what I'm talking about, visit http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100802/

and GO RENT IT. It's a classic early 90's cheesy Schwarzenegger film.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I havn't watched it in a long time but I always had the opinion that it was real.

I never had any doubts like I had with Blade Runner.

3. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

I think it had to have actually happened. Could you imagine a vacation where you go to mars and oxygenate (word?) it. Then fly home wake up the next day and mars be the way it was before you went on vacation. Man that would blow, all that hard work and nearly getting yourself killed for what, nothing!!

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And the chick with the 3 boobs being fake. It would just devastate a man. (though the 'you make me wish I had 3 hands' comment was funny)

5. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Women with fake boobs! That never happens.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well 3 never happens.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

All I know is that the book don't answer the question either.

I always thought the adventure was a Rekall implant

spoiler on Blader Runner below

Deckerd was definatly a next generation replicant so was the "daughter"

at least that is the what I got from the book "Do Androids Dream of Electronic Sheep" by Philip K. Dick who also wrote Minority Report which starred Tom Cruise who was in "A Few Good Men" with Kevin Bacon.

FWIW the Directors cut of Blade Runner was a completly different movie from the theatrical release. Directors cut was much slower paced with way more background and mood, while theatrical release was an action move.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Random 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon? :ha:

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Watching the movie, I felt it was real. That like in the Matrix, he was for the first time part of the real world.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

But Arnold did select the Action program, and a female with the athletic build remember??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar