Total newb 1st draft, any good?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Bobo, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

In a 10 man league, 20 rounds. You can play this :

QB
    WR
    WR
    WR
    RB
    RB
    TE
    WR/RB
    WR/TE
    DEFENSE
    KICKER

I picked 3rd, then 18th, then 23, and so on.

1st pick was between Gore and LJ....took LJ.
    2nd = Ced Benson
    3rd = Carson Palmer
    4th = Colston
    5th = Baltimore D
    6th = Caddy Williams
    7th = Reggie Brown
    8th = Terry Glenn
    9th = Jason Witten
    10th = Isaac Bruce
    11th = Lendale White
    12th = Jerious Norwood
    13th = Kevin Curtis
    14th = Chris Brown
    15th = Bo Scaife
    16th = Alex Smith (qb)
    17th = Anthony Gonzales
    18th = Amari Toomer
    19th = Peerless Price
    20th = Matt Stover

Is 20 rounds a bit long? With 11 "starters", we're playing more positions than normal, right?

2. Looks pretty good to me, though I think you went too early for the Ravens D. And I think Glenn's knee issues should drop him well below the 8th round.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I thought the D was a bit early too. The Bears D had just gone off the board, and my friend (who took the Bears) said that a top D has always done well for him. Maybe it's how the league is set up.

They've been saying Glenn will be ready for the season opener. There was a mad rush on WR's, and I think I may have flinched a bit on that pick.

That's my first time ever for any FF stuff, I didn't even read anything before the draft. It was fun though, but a little long.

Maybe I looked like a :bighomer: when I picked both the Titans RB's. But I figure it was late, they could be handcuffed (right term?), and this o-line should make one or both valuable.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

1st pick was between Gore and LJ....took LJ.
    2nd = Ced Benson
    3rd = Carson Palmer
    4th = Colston
    5th = Baltimore D
    6th = Caddy Williams
    7th = Reggie Brown
    8th = Terry Glenn
    9th = Jason Witten
    10th = Isaac Bruce
    11th = Lendale White
    12th = Jerious Norwood
    13th = Kevin Curtis

14th = Chris Brown
    15th = Bo Scaife
    16th = Alex Smith (qb)
    17th = Anthony Gonzales
    18th = Amari Toomer
    19th = Peerless Price
    20th = Matt Stover

Pretty solid team, ones in bold I think are above average picks given the round, but ones in italic I think you jumped a little early on

5. I'd say where you took both Titans RBs was excellent value. And Scaife should be as well if he gets most of the snaps at TE.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

GORE, WHY DIDNT YOU PICK GORE!!!

lol, jk, but picking the baltimore defense in the 5th round??? thats nuts, you can get the bears in the 8th/9th

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I agree with DC you take Gore and wait about 4-5 + rounds to take a D like Denver or SD.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I took San Diego defense in the seventh round in my draft. Was that too high?

9. I think so, but that's just my philosophy. If I don't get a top D like Chicago or Baltimore, I just wait until later. There's usually not a huge difference between the #3 defense and the #10.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

In the interests of full disclosure, you should also let everybody know what the name of your team is (and why) before you dish out too much advice.......

:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar