Torry Holt??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dman050586, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Gonzo. Holt's knee has been iffy for a minute.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I always hated that for him. I thought of that very thing as the 2007 season ended. Someone should have added him for a week so he could have gotten those five yards. That would eat at me for life.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I saw that. Only way I'd want Drew Back is if he took the deal he shoulda taken 2 years ago, which is basically Justin Gage's. But really, no. I want to keep looking to new WRs we haven't added yet. Bennett's a tempting consideration since he was the (used loosely) "most consistent" WR we had after Mason, but no. Tell you what: I'd take Bennett back if the price was right and we didn't re-sign Brandon Jones. I kind of want to see four new receivers here in Tennessee next year.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If I was to guess of all the names that are getting thrown around that Bennett for better or worse would be the one they would bring in..

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I dont want to lose BJ, he has alot of potentional and finally started becoming more consistint in the offense. If we can somehow bring in either Tony,Torry,T.J, or Boldin i wouldnt mind havin Bennett around for depth. Give him a 2 year deal and have him compete for that #3 spot. I rather have him then Jmac around next year even though i know Jmac's career is over in TN.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

why does everyone think Boldin is a possibility? TJ is a stretch. Boldin is a dream.

7. psychotictitan

Why wouldnt he be a possibility? If he wants out of AZ and their looking for a #1 pick in return,I'd pull the trigger. Its not as far fetched as it might seem,realistically we could sign both him and AL. Instead of giving up a 3rd rd pick for Gonzales you give up a first for Boldin,re-sign Scaife and your looking at a very good offense come next year. The negative side to that is your going to be shelling out alot of money and your going to have to make some hard decisions come next year but it is manageable.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Boldin for pick #30 is a no-brainer but I don't see it happening.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The thing is, it doesn't really matter how much he wants out. He is under contract to the Cardinals and they are under no obligation to grant his wishes for a trade.

Remember Chad Johnson demanded a trade last off-season as well. He even threatened to sit the season out if he wasn't traded. How did that work out for him?

I can't see the Cardinals moving Boldin for anything less than a king's ransom. They've got an excellent player under contract for another couple of years. Why trade him?

10. psychotictitan

IMO i dont think the Cards are going to wanna deal with the circus this off-season that this is going to bring. He already made a stink last year about his situation in AZ and he reiterrated again this year that he doesnt want to come back. Now like you said no matter how much he wants out the Cards are the ones with the final say but i'm sure they going to listen to offers. And what makes me think that the Cards are going to be tempted to trade him is because they have Steve Breaston who can slide in the #2 spot. Its definitely something worth following this off-season and who knows, maybe TN will surprise us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar