Torrey Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

A week ago people were saying the Titans have the best line in the NFL

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

On paper possibly. The line should look good with the quick, short passes Mariota throws. That's what you do to cover up a shotty line. I'll be honest tho, it has improved quite a bit from the last few years, but that's not saying much.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. The Hammer

I agree, which is why I can see the Titans using one of their first round picks on a Guard in the 2017 draft.

@JCBRAVE

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Our line is fine. We can do long passes. We just dont have the WRs...

I hate mid season trades most of the time. I'd actually be alright with Torrey. Solid locker room guy with someone who is faster then 4.8 40.

Problem is his contract is big for his talent and that it'd probably take him 3 weeks to get up to speed... really worth trading DPs away for a guy who will only be ready ~week 10? Why not just save the money for Jeffrey or another FA and save the draft pick.

On the other hand Kendall Wright is getting 7 mill this year and Torrey would only cost like 9. I'd much rather have Torrey then Wright any day of the week.

Overall I'd be happy with the trade if it was a 5th round pick or less.

Torrey Smith - Tajae Sharpe - Wright - Rischard Matthews

Pretty alright.

Wonder if one of them could transition to slot WR after Wright is gone next year...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I will be willing to bet you big money that we do not use a 1st rnd pick on a G next yr. Our OL has been playing just fine. Next years off season is about upgrading the defense especially CBs and adding a more speed to our WR group.

6. The Hammer

HF for the part in bold, rest is :huh:

Line is not that good

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. The Hammer

I hope you are right but I fear JRobd will be out there scouting the top OGs in the draft

8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

LT C RT are all pretty solid. Guards are not that talented but atleast they're not asked to do much. Should be easy to find players to play inbetween those three positions.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

youre not gonna troll me bud, take that Guard talk and shove it up your butt

• Boring Boring x 1
  10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I mean we probably will draft a guard in the third. Only have Kline and Tretola under contract IIRC. I think the draft class is too good that we pick a guard in the first round imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar