Tornadoes in Midwest

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dman, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those pictures are from Washington, IL. Just 20-30 minutes West of me.

My town still mostly doesn't have power, minor flooding, and a lot of downed trees. I crashed at a friends house, her apt is on the other side of town as me (about 15-20 min from side-to-side). I woke up from my phone going off with an emergency warning. We decided we should journey to my place (I have a basement, she's on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex). We made it about halfway until the tornado sirens started going off. It was raining so hard I couldn't see 3 inches in front of me. I parked, put my e-brake on, and then wind was so hard my car was sliding. We took shelter inside a hotel for about 30 minutes. Note to self: don't try to outrun tornadoes

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd rather be in a car than in a mobile home or on the 3rd floor of a building. Glad you made it out ok.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

And this is why I live in Connecticut. The worst thing here is 60MPH winds or a a foot of snow. No tornadoes, next to no hurricanes, no typhoons, no earthquakes, no dust storms, no nothing.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd take the 1/1,000,000 chance that I get struck by a tornado over constant cold and snow. I guess the Chicagoland area gets both of those things.

A tornado did rip through the outskirts of my city in 2005. I was about a mile or two from where it ripped up a trailer park and killed some people. Never live in a trailer park.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evansville_Tornado_of_November_2005

5. xpmar9x

This is the worst & closest tornado we've had since i've been alive. I'd rather not live in CT, not a fan of the east coast and all you annoying east coasters ;-)

6. JCBRAVE

It really doesn't snow a lot up here. Some years are snowier than others, but on average its pretty tame weather all year round. Its almost 70 degrees out side right now here.

7. JCBRAVE

All you? Well Im not originally from here so I dont fall into that group. I cut my own grass FWIW, Im not the snooty Connecticut kind, Im more the I enjoy not being shot at/ sucked into the sky kind.

8. xpmar9x

haha, you won't get shot where i'm at. Unless a hunter misses a deer and it somehow does a crazy ricochet and hits you.

9. JCBRAVE

You may be safe from gang bangers and terrorists where you are but God can still hurl you up into the air and into the next neighborhood. That doesn't happen here thankfully.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

did you get a lot of damage by you from sandy last year? Long Island was in bad shape for a few weeks. Nothing like a tornado tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar