TORNADO! April 7, 2006

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puck, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

[​IMG]
    (Murfreesboro)
    it's amazing that this glass table wasn't shattered

btw, this is entirely composed of HAIL
    some of it the size of tennis balls

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I see ,..... and I read it wrong

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

There's some good footage on the front page of CNN.com

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Holy crap guys (and gals)! I'm not the praying kind, but sincerest best of luck to you all. I've been moaning to my friends all week about the weather because we got snow up here... I guess I'll just STFU about that. I hope everyone (and those they care about) are unscathed by this latest round of storms.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

Keep me updated because I am in FL for school and my parents dont tell me squat about whats goin on back home in the Boro

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Isn't someone on this forum from Gallatin? I am certain I have seen someone with that location under their avatar.

7. metal957

metal957 Starter

Ye It got bad where I live in Bretwood but nothing like that. Good God.

Apologies go out from me too.

And in that one picture is that snow or just a bunch of hail

8. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

I saw the tornado touch down. There actually two that touched down and I do have pictures of both. My parents live in the Woodhaven subdivision that was devastated. These were 4,000-7,000 square foot well-built brick homes that ranged in price from $500K - $4 million. The news today said that the wind speed of the tornadoes that ripped through Woodhaven were in excess of 200 MPH!

The tornadoes touched down about 250 yards behind my parents home. They had no damage, but the damage in the front part of the subdivision is humbling and would make a grown man cry. 8 people died. My neighbor was helping a friend from his church move his antique furniture. He walked across thee field of debris and found a clock that had stopped when the tornado hit...2:26 PM CST.

I do know several people who were hit hard, but fortunately they were at work when their homes were destroyed. Our power came back on at about 7:00PM, but our cable was out all night, so I could not get on line. The video footage from the media can not begin to tell the story of I saw this morning from driving around--and I did not even get to the very worst parts.

Tornadoes are humbling raw energy. If you have one nearby, don't screw around, take cover and pray hard that it doesn't hit you directly, because it if does, theres not a thing you can do but meet your maker.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it was near 70 yesterday - you tell me

10. metal957

metal957 Starter

Just checkin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar