Torn ACL for Kenny Britt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Probably trying to put the focus of the defense elsewhere, when he knew it was serious to avoid further damage.

2. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

This hurts my little feelings. I'm going to miss him so.

The only silver lining I can find is that maybe the guys will listen to any media coverage that may be spent on this team, calling for its "inevitable" demise, and will be pumped up enough to come through for pride's sake

3. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

I rather have a MCL tear than a ACL tear, ACL recovery is about 8 months now look at wess welker he did it in like 6 months.

4. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

I can see Kenny now, sitting in his hospital bed with a pink feather boa tied gently around his propped up leg. *how cute*

5. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Great quote from Hasselbeck

"It's horrible news for Kenny," quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said. "He's probably the most talented player on this team." #titans

THE TRUTH

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

ACL and MCL....his career may be over...hopefully he can make it back but odds are he'll never be the same.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

At his age I am a bit more optimistic on his recovery...

Also, IF there is any silver lining to this (probably not a silver lining though), it is that this happened so early in the season. He has about 2-3 more months to rehab this than Bullock did. Hopefully that helps his recovery as well.

I really hope that he stays in Nashville, and out of Jersey...that could be disastrous for him IMO.

8. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

What was the injury Chris Johnson had in high school? Was it a torn ACL or just a broken leg? I can't remember the story. CJ came back from that injury pretty well.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

He also wasn't playing against an NFL defense after he got back. I have no optimism for Britt coming back. Terrible news, but the guy is made of glass. Hurt last year, hurt this preseason, hurt last week during practice, hurt yesterday in the game. He will be the one that could have been great.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but typically when a WRs knee just falls apart after a career plagued with leg injuries, it's not good news. We'll be lucky if he plays well for this team again.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, I think similarly here. It was so much sudden pain his basic instinct was to free his hand when he knew his was going down. I wasn't even mad. I knew his season was over before he hit the ground.

Two things are in play here. One, KB's bad lower body conditioning caught up with him in the worst way. You can't have strong quads plus stiff as stick hamstrings. That kind of inflexibility translates throught the body under duress. No balance. No compensation strength. His knee buckled laterally first (MCL), then he tore the anterior.

Two, the player that hit him either put his shoulder or helmet into Britt's thigh above the knee. I questioned for a while if the hit shouldn't have been flagged. He would have at least had a contusion if nothing else. But the hit sends him off-balance. Britt tries twice basically to regain himself. He tried to make a play, but really he should have gone down upon contact, in hindsight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar