TOPPS 3D LIVE trading cards (baseball)

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by __pg, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __pg

__pg Digital Ninja

This is being passed around my office and thought you guys would like it and maybe had more info. Pretty cool technology and I could see it being a pretty awesome feature down the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7jm-AsY0lU
  2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'd never heard of these until now. I looked for a thread regarding them at The Sports Card Forum and found one in the baseball card forum.

http://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=733948

Not much more info there than here, but maybe if you keep aneye on the thread others will chime in with more details. Even with the explanations... I'm not sure I get it.
  3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

PS: The Flyers suck.

:))

Go Caps!
    [​IMG]
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. __pg

__pg Digital Ninja

Thanks for the info.

Flyers always end up sucking at some period in any given season, but they's my team!
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm not feeling it.

If I wanted anything, it would be that a 3-D video comes out of my card, walks across my desk, and gives me a highlight from his best game of the year.

You do that. I buy it.

The more high tech cards go, the more value laid on the cardboard items. So it's all good. I just want to see something better. I want the player to tell me a story on an HD video on the back of the card, or I want to see a highlight. I don't really care to play a silly flash game on my computer. I can do that now. I want the card to do something.

I always thought the sportflic was a cool card. I have no idea why it fell out of favor. Or why it never came back. That to me was one of the more innovative ideas that was moving along the right path.

You couldn't see the holograms, so that failed. But the Sportflic you see easily. I always liked it. They had two or three years where the cards looked really good. And they followed it with 2 years of ugly designs. And then they died for the most part. Shame.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.