top prospect admit to smoking pot; gm's don't care.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dr.Awkward, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they all took drug tests in school and at the combine, none of them failed.

2. they probably tried it when they were in high school cause there is a lot of pressure to do stuff like that now

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ahh peer group pressure.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So?

First off, if you get caught at the combine, you have a serious addiction problem. How hard is it to get clean before the biggest event (money wise) of your life? Second, I can't think of the last person that the NCAA caught for drugs. Do they indeed test for it or do the teams do it? If it is the universities, they of course have a large incentive to deal with a player's problem in house and not use a suspension unless absolutely necessary.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Awe man weed is for sissies.. I'm down with that hillbilly heroin coming straight outta Kentucky pharmacies!

In all reality though, what could be the % of young adults that have never tried pot? 30%??

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I prefer a Natty and a Fatty :clown:

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

probably pretty close
    now ask about the % of college students and that figure drops significantly

on the Dan Patrick show a little earlier today, I caught an interview (didn't catch who it was ), but his view was that the number of kids in college who have at some point "experimented" with Cannabis could very well be 80 - 90%

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Domestic Violence, DUI, Weapons, Hard Narcotics (Cocaine / Heroin) and HGH/Steroids are far larger concerns

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Pretty simple thing to do. I would recommend getting hit by a bike instead of a bus, playing with matches over playing with electricity in the rain, and getting herpes over getting aids. I've done none of those, but knowing what I know and common sense goes a long way.

10. Dr.Awkward

Dr.Awkward Camp Fodder

I think the people who have a real problem with pot are those who have never been around it or never experienced it. Some argue that it's a gateway drug that leads to other harder substances; however, that's just not true.

I work with some of the best lawyers in san diego and I know a lot of them smoke the herb every once in awhile. I know/had professors who smoke weed. In other words, I know tons of perfectly functioning, well rounded citizens who smoke weed and don't do anything harder. If you're going to do hard substances, you're going to do it regardless of weed.

But that's just my experience, though. I'm sure there are people out there who have had bad experiences. All in moderation is what I say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar