Top Guards In The Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I honestly do agree with Hammer in that it is a direction we could take, I just don't think this draft is a good chance of it. Theres not a lot of talent at guard this year and it seems pretty deep at defense so I think we'll stack up on that. If it was any other year I wouldn't be surprised to see us go guard. We will definitely need to address it in FA either by re-signing Spain or going out and getting a stop gap. Kline can probably play at RG but we also need some depth behind him. Coaches don't seem to be impressed by Tretola at all even if I thought he was alright in preseason

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Tretola looked good against PS players in the preseason. Which is nice and all but I would not bet the farm on him.

Kline and Spain are FA after next year. If they are good at that point then it will cost to re-sign them and if not then who wants them.

There seems to be one really good Guard, Quentin Nelson, and one good one, Ethan Pocic for 2017. Pocic plays Center in college but is likely too tall for that in the NFL at 6'7". He should be able to move to Guard without issue.

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I don't think Robinson looks at this roster and thinks "OH, I better draft a guard in the first now." Hopefully, he sees what we all see, the swiss cheese secondary.

I just don't see any of the fill ins leaving for bigger contracts elsewhere, so why not resign them instead of drafting a G for the future? They're playing well. Fat Chance was the weakest link and he was our first round G!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

We had a good OL when we drafted Lewan? I don't think so. Also, both Spain and Kline are young, actually, our whole OL is pretty young.

You've gotta be trolling, it's the only explanation.

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We need another guard like the Titanic needed another hole. Chance might even come back and learn to play. We have Bell coming back too. Spain, Schwenke and Matias (6-5, 309). We also have Barton on the PS.

6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Chance long gone. Bell Spain Kline are all stop gaps.

It probably won't happen but I wouldn't be surprised to see a third round pick or later used on guard.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

We had Roos and Stewart.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

At the end of their careers...

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

We thought the OL would be good, that is why people were upset. Spain and Kline are young, only have a year left on their deal and are not very good.

Not saying this is what I want to have happen, just can see it happen.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

FYI, I've watched 3 Norte Dame games and their LG is a beast!

A lot of our need position talent have warts. Nelson doesn't. Would not be shocked if we and others tried to copy the Cowboys and build a truly dominant OL. Our OL problem is the same as mularkey and our wr's. Look good against bad teams, OK against solid teams, but not do good against better competition!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar