Top 10 Films of 2007

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by titanbuoy, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I started this discussion privately with a couple of people but once started I regretted not opening things up for everyone.... so here we go:

Now that we're a good 6 months into 2008, it's given everyone like myself who doesn't go to the theatre regularly a chance to watch all of the '07 movie releases on DVD.

So now that you've watched 'em and had a chanced to digest 'em... go ahead and rank 'em. What are your top 10 features of 2007?

Here are mine...

1. There Will Be Blood
    2. Michael Clayton
    3. No Country For Old Men
    4. The King of Kong
    5. Zodiac
    6. Gone Baby Gone
    7. Persepolis
    8. In The Shadow of the Moon
    9. Dahrjeeling Limited
    10. Juno

Rescue Dawn was originally on my list, until someone had the audacity to point out that it was actually made in 2006. :suspect:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

1. No Country for Old Men
    2. American Gangster
    3. Superbad
    4. Knocked Up
    5. There Will be Blood
    6. Juno
    7. 3:10 To Yuma
    8. Bourne Ultimatum
    9. Before the Devil Knows your Dead
    10. Transformers

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

1) No Country for Old Men
    2) American Gangster
    3) There Will Be Blood
    4) Gone Baby Gone
    5) Micheal Clayton
    6) Juno
    7) Sweeney Todd
    8) 3:10 to Yuma
    9) Darjeeling Limited
    10) We Own the Night

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm not going to post a full list right now, because there are several movies I need to see, but I will say...

1) 28 Weeks Later

and I personally can't see that topped for me. I don't know why, I'm addicted to the movie. I've probably watched it 10 times, really hope they make another.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

haha, are you joking? 28 days later was great, but 28 weeks later was an embarrassment. That was a movie that should of never made it to the big screen. horrible.IMO at least.

6. Alex1939

Just wondering, but what did you find horrible about it?

I really liked 28 days later too. I'm hoping they will make 28 months later, which looks like it could be amazing given the ending of 28 weeks.

I really like the music in both movies.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Whatever floats your boat as long you can keep your boat afloat!

I'm with SureThing on this one though.
    28Weeks loses its way after the opening sequences. Once they cut to the army operation all those tight motion shots take over and it's as difficult as ever to follow what the hell is even going on.

From there they move out into the city where the most preposterous of sequences occur. The father is following the kids around for a final showdown?? Then it seems the filmmakers have forgotten that these are "infected people" and not the living dead when a helicopter swoops down and cuts a group of infected into shreds but miraculously they continue running around after they've been decapitated, cut in half etc. This scene is straight out of the dumbest of Rambo movies for starters, but in sticking with its own story-line these people should have dropped right there.

28Weeks indeed does have great music (mostly because they re-used the score from 28Days).
    Danny Boyle has already announced his association as director for 28Months, which plays out in Russia (not France as hinted to in 28Weeks)- so there is hope they can get things back on the right track after all...

8. Alex1939

I agree with you on all those points. The helicopter scene doesn't bother me at much, but I haven't seen that Rambo movie you were refering to. The scene could've been cooler though.

The father part was a little cheesy. But I like the family's overall story in a broad context. It's a stretch of the imagination (and story history) to believe the father somehow had reasoning to hunt his children. But it didn't take away from the movie too much for me, as it did others. I have a buddy that felt the same way, and most people I know liked the first one better.

But most people liked 28 days later better I think. Still I didn't know a lot of people that disliked 28 weeks later, but hey, to each their own. Maybe it's just better in comparison to most other movies out there these days.

But what really makes these movies, for me, is the scenery and I guess overall tone and feel of the movie. I liked the general direction of where the story will go.

I'll be looking forward to the next one, glad there will be one. Was hoping it would cover a little more area, like the virus had spread through europe,asia, and africa. But guess that'll be the next one! :brow:

Oh, uh, sorry I derailed this thread.
    :duckrun:

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

No worries, it didn't seem to be going too far anyways.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I just can't name 10 movies that I've seen and really liked. I've got two or three that I haven't seen yet and expect to be good, and a few that I've seen and enjoyed, but not a full top ten. Michael clayton is my favorite so far, but that's probably because I'm a lawyer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar