Too many picks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tuckfro42, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Ok, so we have 10 total picks in the draft this year, four of which are comp picks and can't be traded. Now there is no way that 10 rookies are going to make the team. Maybe, 5 or 6 at best will be on the roster. So, using all those draft picks is kind of a waste when we'll end up cutting half of them.

So, my question is: Do you package our first three picks and go after a player like Boldin? We'd still have 7 picks left and a Pro-bowl receiver. Or, do you keep the first three picks and use the last three to trade up into the early fourth or late third?

2. Trade up in the middle rounds.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

10 picks also means a better chance of finding a good player.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we can build an arsenal for Washburn with 5 of those picks.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd take whatever late round picks we have and trade up as far as we can go. Or use them to move up in the 2nd or 3rd round.

6. Blaize

Blaize Camp Fodder

7 of 7 made the team last year. My guess is 3 of them will be put on the practice squad and 7 of them will be on the team. We have a little bit of room for players under CB, LB, WR, and OL. Considering we only have 3 out of the 5 usual CBs and 2 Definite spots taken at WR, only the starters and LeRoy Harris are guarenteed at OL and LB is weak after our starters.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar