Too early? Titans Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Id love something like this:

1st - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Bama
    2nd - Mike Martin, DT, Michigan
    3rd - C: Ben Jones, Brewster, Blake, Molk
    4th - Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
    5th- Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia

Now i know the Titans are known for their late round CBs and developing them into something solid. But we need an impact player, out of all those late round CBs - only Finnegan and possibly McCourty turned into a good pro. We need someone who can help right away. Kirkpatrick has the speed, toughness, and size to be an unstoppable CB... his biggest bust is motivation - but hopefully Munch can fix that. The way the NFL is now, you need a secondary with all the passing teams.

Mike Martin is one of my favorite DTs, Martin-Casey-Klug will be solid for year.

Munch gets to handpick his franchise center from everyone available [besides Klug]. I'm sure the FO has done a crazy amount of scouting on centers; hopefully they chose a Day 1 Starter.

Nick Toon has ALL the tools to be a star in the NFL... like his dad. He's got good size, speed, and route running. If he wouldnt of tweaked his ankle, he likely would be a 2nd round pick. This guy can play.

Cam Johnson adds depth at DE. With Wimbley, Morgan, Ball, Douzable, Egboh, and Sheppard we have depth. Johnson will fight for the 4th/5th DE spot, and will hopefully be our KLUG with the later round selection.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Good Mock X.

Love the Martin pick.

I think I prefer Jenkins to Kirkpatrick. We could try to trade down a little in the first and pick up an extra third. I also prefer Molk to Jones. Toon and Johnson are good picks.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

No way Cam Johnson falls into the 5th round

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I've seen crazier, but yeah its unlikely

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Don't get me wrong I would love to get the kid in the 5th he would be a great addition.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Shea McClellin DE/OLB to me it seems like we do want to run a hybrid defense, this kid is starting to grow on me a lot actually depending who is their in the 1st I wouldn't be upset if we got him, I would much rather get him in the 2nd round. A lot to love about the kid, and a lot to hate if he pans out could be a h*** of a player.

[ame]http://youtu.be/F0vM9k9bnsk[/ame]
    [ame]http://youtu.be/Z0lJqBPxgMk[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7I0WHP0Jxk"]Shea McClellin vs Virginia Tech - YouTube[/ame]

7. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

1. Cordy Glenn, G/Whitney Mercilus, DE/Luke Kuechly, LB/Mark Barron, S/Zach Brown, LB

2. Jerel Worthy, DT/Courtney Upshaw, DE/LB/Ben Jones, C/Chase Minnifield, CB

3. Janoris Jenkins, CB/Nigel Bradham, LB/Lavonte David, LB/Kheeston Randall, DT

4. Brandon Washington, G/Tramain Thomas, S/Mike Martin, DT/Brandon Taylor, S

5. Mike Brewster, C/Josh Kaddu, LB/William Vlachos, C

I would be fine with any of these. Of course, I would love to see either DeCastro or Coples to fall to 20 but its very unlikely.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

This is going to be my final draft. This is the draft I would do if I were in charge. Obviously this mock will differ highly from the Titans actual draft since they always seem to surprise us... anywho.

1st - Nick Perry DE, USC
    2nd - Mike Martin DT, Michigan
    3rd - David Molk C, Michigan
    4th - Donnie Fletcher CB, Boston College
    5th - Janzen Jackson S, McNeese State
    6th - Dale Moss WR, South Dakota State
    7th - Donte Paige-Moss DE, North Carolina

This mock is something I can see the Titans actually doing.

1st - Dont'a Hightower, LB Alabama
    2nd - Dwight Bently, CB Louisiana-Lafayette
    3rd - Mike Martin DT, Michigan
    4th - Tim Fugger DE, Vandy
    5th - Rhett Ellison TE/H-Back, USC
    6th - Quinton Saulsberry C, Mississippi State
    7th - Chris Greenwood CB, Albion

We all know the Titans pick "their kind of players", ones that fit the scheme regardless whether the masses think they reached.

Hightower provides two essential attributes that we've found the Titans crave; versatility and just a solid, all around football player. He can rush the passer from any position, he can play any LB position and he's just a hell of of an instinctive player. On draft day he won't get past the Stoolers at 24.

Bently is rocketing up draft boards after a great combine, but more importantly excellent Senior Bowl practices. Perhaps the perfect nickel/slot corner and will replace Finny perfectly. Runs 4.37 and is very scrappy, very Finnegan-esque.

Martin is just the kind of guy the Much loves. Crazy worker, non-stop motor and a former wrestler... just like my boy Kluuuuuuuug. Tore up Senior Bowl practices and reminds me a lot of last years 3rd rounder Casey. They could make one hell of a duo on the inside.

Fugger is another one of those late risers after a fantastic pro day. Another solid football player from what I've read, offers us a pass rush especially from and OLB in a 3-4 look. Since I think we're are gonna run more 3-4 looks this season, Fugger could have some real value.

Ellison is another possible riser, he's a fantastic athlete. Again, another versatile player, played H-back and TE also split out at WR. With Sarge probably gone, good riddance there, he could play FB and offer an outstanding weapon out of the backfield or at TE.

Saulsberry is kind of a sleeper prospect from what I gather. I really don't know a lot about him but this fills a need. I'm pretty concerned that with our inability to sign a center in the off season, we may be seeing Amano again or Harris :(.

Greenwood is just one more in the long line of small school CB's the Titans draft on pure measurables.

9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i wouldnt even mind trading up to get floyd if we had too....or if he falls something liek this

1-floyd
    2-thompson
    3-burquette/cam johnson
    4-c whoever that may be
    5-rainey
    6-cb
    7-g

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar