Tony Stewart runs over driver

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Thanks for the insight. I did not notice stewart gun ir.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's just mental to get out of a car to charge up to other cars speeding around a track.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

about 15-20 years ago some braniac metro cop decided to rassle a hobo on the interstate during a snowstorm. Some dude ran them both over and got a manslaughter conviction. Total :bs:

cant be in the interstate and expect anything except to get run down

back to the Stewart thing. I agree. Dude stays in car and throws a punch at Stewart post race then rubbin's racin'

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, if you hit a cop... regardless of how stupid said cop is- you're getting the ax.

It still frustrates me that they have "move over" laws... ONLY for policemen. Because the person stranded on the side of the road that doesn't do it daily is surely not in harm's way.

Regular people don't matter. But guys writing speeding tickets... MOVE OVER!

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Organizers of the event should be at fault IMO, no reason for 'taunting' like that to have been allowed for that long.

6. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

How do you know he hit the gas? About the only time I care for Nascar is the first few races of the season when football season ends so I'm not pretending to know, but I have heard some people say it was the other car that hit the gas. Just looking at the video with no knowledge of how these cars operate, I can't see any evidence that Tony hit the gas. Is it possible he was swerving to miss him and that's why the back end came around? I can't really see where the vehicle went of course until he hit the guy either. Once again, these are just my ignorant observations. Perhaps you can shed a little more light on it all.

7. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

The kid was 20 years old. Think back to when you were 20. I guarantee you did plenty of stupid, reckless **** too. To say a 20 year old had his death coming for having a false sense of immortality is cruel if you ask me. Guess what - we all have it coming.

RIP.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

The rear end of Tony's car swung toward Ward as he went by. This is a dead giveaway that he hit the gas. However, it could be argued that he did so to try and hurry up and get away from Ward. Even if it was done in an attempt to avoid Ward, it was incredibly stupid. I find it very hard to believe Tony wouldn't know that. Also, in racing, when a driver is on foot on the track looking to confront you as you circle the track under caution, you go by them as far away as possible. In other words, you would drive all the way to the bottom of the track in this case to go by Ward. Tony seemed to want to go by him close. No way Tony didn't see him. I sure hope Tony doesn't try to claim he didn't. If he does, he's lying bigger than chit! Tony was most likely just wanting to throw some dirt on Ward as he went by as if to say, "screw you." There is a reason that no other drivers have ever done that. That reason is because it's very dangerous. Both Ward and Stewart let their emotions get the better of them, and both made serious mistakes here. However, no driver would ever think that the driver he's confronting would ever do what Stewart did. I don't think for a second that Tony wanted to hit Ward, but he should damn well have known better than to do what he did because it's possible to accidentally hit him doing so. Again, a lot of people who don't follow racing closely would think it's Ward's fault for walking out on track to let Tony know he felt. This is all too common in racing though. While I can agree it is a bad idea, as I said before, no driver would ever expect Tony to........

1. Drive by Ward so close.
    2. Hit the gas as he went by Ward.

Tony was wrong. It led to this young man's death. Not trying to say Tony should be charged with murder, but he acted out of anger and did something stupid and dangerous enough that I would think he should be charged with something for his negligence.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Lots of assumptions being made here. I saw no evidence Stewart saw him or was angry. It appears he was behind another car and was driving the same line. It also appears Stewart tried to dive down the track to avoid the kid. I also don't see a change in speed while he does this.

No spotters. Poor lighting at a night race. Guy was wearing dark colors and was in the middle of the track.

I'd be shocked if Stewart is even sanctioned though would understand if he never raced on dirt again.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea incredibly stupid on the part of the guy walking out onto the racetrack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar