Tony Gonzalez to Falcons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Falcons acquire TE Gonzalez from Chiefs (AP)

The Atlanta Falcons obtained tight end Tony Gonzalez from the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday for a draft pick next year. The Falcons will send a second-round pick in 2010 to Kansas City in exchange for Gonzalez, the only tight end in NFL history selected to 10 Pro Bowls, the Chiefs announced. Gonzalez caught 96 passes for 1,058 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2008.

More...

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

man we could have given up a 2nd round and we wouldnt have need a wr.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yeah, 3 solid TEs means no need for WR, right?

This totally undercuts your credibility on the "we need a superstar" debate.

Also, if we can get by with 3 good TEs and the WRs that we have, how is it that different than the 2 good TEs and the WRs that we have?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I disagree. Jesse's credibility is so low that it can't be undercut, only overcut.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I dont know if i would of given up a 2nd rd pick for him,3rd at the highest but thats just me. Good for Atlanta though,they got a a solid TE to compliment that running game and Tony G. is a guy that can take alot of pressure off Ryan considering hes still a young QB.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is great for the Falcons. Smart move for both teams.

The Chiefs have no chance of winning it all within the next two years, so they might as well start adding young guys and rebuild for the future.

Btw, any of you guys see Mel Kiper's mock draft where he had the Chiefs taking Mark Sanchez? I thought that was insanely stupid... I'm hoping that it was a mock that was created prior to the Cassel deal.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Bo will be gone after this season, Crumpler is getting old.

and Tony could do for our
    passing just like Clark does for the Colts.

i look at Tony like a WR/TE

8. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

What are you tryin' to do with the red/blue font?

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

In other news around the leauge, the crickets can still be heard at Titans HQ. No moves are imminent.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar