Tony Brown's stupidity Continues

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by psychotictitan, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Bruce Smith, always offsides. At first it bothered me. But on the last one, when the penalty is half the distance, it's not a bad gamble. You don't lose a lot. A couple of yards. But if you gamble correctly you change the game. So I'm a split on this one. The others, terrible. This one, not so bad.

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Trust, I understand D-line, and I KNOW, offsides is not a part of D-line play. Also, I love it when we get sacks, but if it's a the scarafice of giving up 5 yrds on 3rd and short several times a game, I'll settle for a batted ball, or a QB pressure, in place of the sack.

Hey, on a side note, does everyone else see AH now always trying to leap over the top of the o-line when there's a goaline situation?? He thinks that since it worked the one time against Jacksonville last yr, it will always work, which now it doesn't b/c everybody and their mother has seen it.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

exactly. if anything, that would be the time to do it, the risk is worth the reward.

now against the colts when he flinched on 4th and inches, that was ridiculous.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I got annoyed with it in the Jags game, particularly when the cameras showed him laughing when we were down by 11, but he came back out and played a heck of a half. To get big plays, these guys are taking risks. I'll start yelling at Tony Brown when I see Washburn doing it (more than normal).

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I don't have to ask Jim Washburn anything, he doesn't preach jumping off sides. Sure it doesnt seem like its a big deal because its the regular season but when the playoffs start, that risk that hes been playin with can come back and cost you the game. Theirs no excuse for it, he can still be a solid football player without jumping off sides. I understand it happens and hes not the only who is guilty of it but i'm at the point now when its 2nd-3 or 3rd-short i'm watching him and praying he doesn't jump offsides.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

As far as no penalty is acceptable... I actually heard AH on the radio the other day, and the topic of conversation was contrary to that.

Basically, if you are going to play very aggressive on the D-line, it is acceptable and almost likely that the D-line could see 1-2 penalties a game. Obviously, you don't want that, but if you are going ultra-aggressive on a d-rush, then coaches know it's likely to happen.

It just can't get out of control. And it can't happen in crucial situations.. like third and less than 5 on the Titans side of the field.

How bad have Tony Brown's penalties been? Just wondering because I can't recall off the top of my head.

7. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

IMO, not very bad at all. Sure there have been a few untimely calls, but to me the reward is worth the risk of the penality.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think this thread is kind of useless. We all know that this is going to be addressed. As for Tony Brown, the guy has over performed to a level higher than what almost anyone may have expected. He's been a bright spot even if he has things he needs to work on. And knocking the guy because he tries to stay upbeat and positive isn't right. It's not like he's shoving Washburn and telling the papers he doesn't care.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would be OK with him spitting on Donnie Nickey though

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Based on his post game interview and his reaction to things on the field i just think he is a flacke and has a few loose screws. I have few problems with his play penalties and all.

In the post game interview he answered questions like this. You guys really got run on today brown with a smile on his face "Well of course". He answered many of the most negative questions beginning with "well of course".

Look i think that while he is a little odd his attitude is good for the team because while we want our guys to be mad from thde loss we don't want everyone down. If you asked if this team would have a loss in the first 11 games you would say of course. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar