Tony Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by smileyforall, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Albert wasn't always double-teamed as people like to think.

There were MANY games where some unknown guard held him in one spot without needing to double.

Hell, the Colts had some injuries that opened the door for Albert and he was shushed all game by some backup that no one had ever heard of. And they weren't double teaming.
    Of course, he did have his typical 3 plays where he actually tried and did something good.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

So why dont we draft a really fat guy with a bad temper? or just make Finny gain 200 pounds and put him on the line.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I said Brown isn't drawing the double team like Al did. I didn't say he never draws a double team, I'm just saying that teams had to commit to stop Haynesworth, more so then they do Brown. Either that, or I'm all caught up in the hoopla.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Haynesworth late for team meeting, sent home.

Two Redskins players tell the Washington Post that Albert Haynesworth was sent home from practice Friday because he was late for a team meeting.
    The meeting was scheduled for Friday morning; we can pretty safely assume that Haynesworth had a late night on Christmas Eve. A coach reportedly told him to not dress for the workout, but Haynesworth did anyway and was sent home.

lmao we would be dealing with this had he payed him.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nobody is saying brown is equal to haynesworth. The original poster did not say it he just wanted to point out how well Brown has played for us.

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I love Tony Brown. I love Finnegan. I love Dave Stewart. They all get us in trouble sometimes with their tempers. But I want them all with me on Sundays. 100%

Tony Brown is our best defensive lineman right now. I like the potential for next years team. AFC South Champs in 2010!

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you know Tide, I don't care what "nobody" said. While he may be pointing out that Brown has done well in the vacuum left by Haynesworth I'm saying everything else being equal, Haynesworth was pretty damn good... and I'll even further that by saying that Tennessee would have made the playoffs if he could have been signed. I know we left a few games on the table early. With Haynesworth, cap be damned I'm sure, but fwiw, we're 11-5 or better to finish and possibly host a wild card game had the situation been handled differently. I'm not even going to underestimate what we lost in Haynesworth, I don't give a damn what he looks like in Washington.

never fear...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=413Gsstr6WE

this is our future. :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar