Tony Brown to be released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Who's to say we're not?

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't know, man. I was swamped at work today so I don't really know what we're doing to be honest. Just ranting and raving. Sorry, haha.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

but the texans dont have a punt returner like Mariani.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Pure speculation, other than Jerry Gray was the DC in Buffalo when Nate was.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

gotta make em punt in order to return them?

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I didn't see this coming at all but am not opposed to it knowing 1) how much money we save 2) he hasn't been the same since AH left 3) his knees are shot and he's not fully recovered.

But this makes our need to sign a DT more dire. Assuming we still plan to move Jones to DE in Gray's system (which I hope we do), it's scary to think that our starting DT's may be picked from Haye/Casey/Marks. I expect Haye to be released and I think Casey has a high ceiling, but he's not ready to start now and Marks hasn't proven to be worth more than a rotational guy.

I don't want Jones to be forced to stay at DT because we don't have a good class there.

Now that we've signed a QB and parted ways with Brown, I think DT becomes our #1 need.

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

He's got a thing for guys named Donnie Nickey too. :sad2:

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Rocky Bernard, if I remember correctly, is a flavor of ice cream, traditionally composed of chocolate ice cream, nuts, and marshmallows.

9. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

I look for us to start becoming players in the FA market. Keep in mind UFA's can not visit any new teams until 6:00 pm tonight. I am sure anyone who we are interested in would want to come in and see whats going on. We have had alot of turnover in our staff and players probably want to make sure they will fit our system. By the end of the weekend I bet we have Ball and Hall resigned, have brought in a DT, CB, and help on the OL.

10. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Did Aubrayo Franklin sign with anyone yet? He could help a lot at DT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar