Tommy Smith torn on Munchak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's very true. But I don't think there's any reason to assume that at this point. Granted we've seen/heard very little from him since he took over. But I like what little I've heard.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am not sure what Tommy Smith is supposedly "Torn" over....I mean, it seems pretty clear to me. 3 years of losing records, bad coaching, decreasing fan base, and HORRIBLE play against division opponents. What is there to be torn over?! Listen, I am sure Munch is a nice dude and that obviously he didn't want to have his legacy as Titans head coach remembered so negatively...However, business is business, and this just simply isn't working, and both the fans and players are doing everything they can to show that.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The part that makes this hard is Smith knowing Munchak for 30 years. Once a final record is in the books, Smith will have what he needs to make a decision. And Munch can't hate him for it next Christmas.

At best, Munchak's career record will be 23-25 (not good enough results by Smith's standards)

Munchak is gone if you ask me. Unless of course we miraculously finish 8-8 and slip into the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree JC. He has to be gone, and we ALL know that they aren't finishing 8-8. The way that they are playing, I will be surprised if they win 1 more. It has been a train wreck of a year unfortunately.

5. JCBRAVE

The 2 things that will have been to blame for Mike Munchak's firing will be special teams (an area Munchak chose to shake up by firing Lowry) and his offesne not keeping up with the rest of the league (again a consequence of Munchak's doing)

Dowell Loggains shouldn't be the OC, but since Mike caught a break getting a HC job, he throws his little buddy the same bone he got thrown his way 3 years ago.

Munch, buddy, you did this to yourself.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Titanic12th

Titanic12th Starter

Even The Godfather gave a kiss on the cheek before you got whacked out. Munchak...consider this as your kiss goodbye

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Well said man....I think you hit the nail on the head with the Offense and Special teams. Thank god our Defense stepped up this year and kept them in games. I would also say that the work done with the OL and decision making with OC was horrible this year also. No matter how you slice it, to spend 100 million and end up with possibly a worse record than last year, and a division record of 1-9 etc....It's time to say buh bye..........

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yes. And let's not forget just how "torn" is Tommy Smith when he asks me to pay for next year's tickets.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We need to get a QB this year....BADLY!!!! I would also like to see them get a Tackle and a MLB through either the draft or trade/free agency. RB's can be grabbed via middle of draft or during the offseason pretty easily....I still think it is time to move on from this coaching staff, CJ, Locker, Britt, and co...2008 days are long gone.

10. JCBRAVE

I'll be perfectly fine if we do chose to try and replace Locker, but I think you bring him back and let him compete for the job again.

He has a cap friendly salary, hard worker, I think he's now understanding QB's can't expose themselves like he has. I think he's going to show he's wised up and will stay in the pocket longer, thus showing the world he was a good draft pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar