Tommy Smith torn on Munchak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think that if Smith was set on firing Munchak then there would be no need to even release a statement. He wouldn't come out and shoot down "reports" of Munchak not being back next year. He comes out shows empathy towards us fans and says that he expects good things just like we do BUT he is going to take everything into consideration. That doesn't sound to me like Munchak is a goner.

In fact it sounds much more like "I understand your frustration and hope you keep supporting us, BUT we're gonna try and make this thing work".

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

God I hope not. We need to get an actual coach in here.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

thats what Im comming around too

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

“Bud in the past would fire people at the drop of a hat. I think sometimes you need to keep the gun in the holster. … I think we need to sit here and look at these three weeks, and let’s play hard. Let’s see if we can win some games. When we sit down with Mike at the end of the season I expect Mike to come in and tell me why he thinks we’re in the position we are, what he thinks needs to be done for us to improve,” Smith said.

“This thing didn’t fall apart overnight, and it’s not going to be put together overnight either. But we certainly had higher expectations than what we are seeing right now, across the board, I can assure you of that. Now let’s see if we can win three in a row.”

Looks to me like he is willing to give Munchak the benefit of a doubt.At the end of the season he is going to speak to Munchak and see where they need to improve.Sounds like he is going to give Munchak another chance.

Smith also made the comment that Bud Adams fired coaches too soon sometimes instead of taking more time to figure things out.Sounds to me like he is leaning on keeping Munchak.

I'm not happy at all but reading between the lines it sure seems like Munchak is staying.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

If Munch Stays , they ain't getting my money, no loss there just frustration from a loyal fan that wants improvements!

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

You guys are bumming me out. MM didn't get fired after 3 seasons, and that would be considered "at the drop of a hat"? GTFO Tommy Smith!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Smith might be a patient man but myself and seventy thousand or more fans aren't.Waiting on three games isn't gonna change anything.Sure let Munchak keep his dignity and wait until the end of the season to fire him.If he doesn't fire Munchak then he is going to be looking at a half empty stadium next season.

8. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Keeping Munchak because we go 8-8 would pretty much sum up this franchise. Satisfied with mediocracy.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Knowing our luck Munchak will win the last three games and viola gets rewarded with another year to prove just how mediocre he is.

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I've never ever wanted this team to lose games in the past just to get better draft picks but this might be the first time if it means Munchak leaving Tennessee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar