Tommy Smith should target Bill Polian to revive this franchise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by luvyablue256, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Ayers and Brown have stepped back. Casey disappears as he did today. Hunter and Wright are solid but young. Verner and McCourty above average. Sensabaugh?

The Titans maybe have a handful of players who start for any team in the top 10 in the league.

2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Yes... its pretty much exactly what all NFL GM's do. They dont tell Head Coaches who to hire. They also hang on to star players when they have given them huge money.

Hunter and Warmack will be just fine and have solid maybe great NFL careers unless they get injured.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You're out of your mind if you want to hire a GM based on football strategy that worked in the early '90s.

The game has changed, dude.

This "master" team builder you speak of hasn't had a sniff of interest from an NFL team since the Colts fired him. The game passed him by.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Really? How about Pollard, Casey, Brown, Verner, Hunter, Wright, Washington, Walker, CJ... There are a lot of talented players on this team. Casey and Verner are playing as well as almost anyone at their positions. We just suck collectively and are predictable.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

He always addresses our weaknesses. And I bet CJ and Britt are gone this off season. Firing them before that wouldn't make sense.

I agree about Mike and the Munchkins though

6. ericfberry

ericfberry Camp Fodder

I do NOT want Bill Polian. His draft record after Colts won the SB in 2006 was horrendous: 2 good picks by my count, Antoine Bethea and Pat Angerer, missed tons of high draft picks. You can't even credit him much for drafting Manning. It was Manning or Leaf that year. All he had to do that year was to evaluate this 2 players, and pick one over the other. I am not saying it's easy, I am just saying he had a 50% chance to draft Manning regardless. If Polian is a genius by picking Manning, I am a genius to flip a coin and get heads rather than tails.

7. TitanJeff

And only two are in the top 10 in Pro Bowl voting?

Face it, the majority of players on this team are mediocre. The few who occasionally play well also disappear against decent talent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Couldn't that be chalked up to coaching?

9. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

No he doesn't. Too much turnover since he's been gone.

10. TitanJeff

Sure. Some of it. A lot is about players not good enough to win individual match ups too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar