Tommy Smith retiring

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alzarius, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Well....that nips that in the bud! I believe every word Underwood said.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

I don't think the team will sell within the next 2 years at least. I do think that they'll sell within 7 years or so. The family is divided and don't live here in tn. But, i think as a big business family they will at least attempt to bring up the value of the team.

Idk if i misheard this on 1045 today, but i thought i heard tommy even voted himself out.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd take everything we hear on the matter with a grain of salt. Regardless, I just hope we get someone steering the ship who knows what the hell they are doing and plans to be around for the long haul.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well I'll be surprised if they personally hire someone for CEO that is NOT living/residing in middle TN area. It doesn't make a lot of sense to lie about that aspect.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh I didn't mean that. I meant regarding the team potentially being sold.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Nobody sells low and keeps there money for long. I think we can put the "sale" idea in the next few years to rest. If the team continues to lose community support, then selling low saves lost money and the shareholders may very well change their disposition.

I'm not a fan of Steve Underwood as his record guiding the Titans is not impressive at all. But at this point I truly believe he is the ONLY choice the Adams family has to direct the hiring of the new President/CEO.

7. kenny

kenny Starter

Look how much this family is making on a yearly basis from the team. They are not in need of money, not even the reported $2 Billion the team might bring. This is a business family. They know that if a business is earning millions every year it does not take long to surpass $2 Billion. Why would they as a business family sell to get money in a lump sum when they clearly do not need it and have been running businesses their entire lives?? It does not make sense to me that they sell.

It may happen, but if it does it will not be soon IMO. I think the family would have to have a major rift before they sold their cash cow.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This reporter is the same guy who said the Titans were about to fire Webster and promote Dawson.

His trail of speculation reporting is well-documented.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea

out of any 'well known' sports writer, David Climer might be the one I trust the least.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar