Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Tommy Smith new CEO and President of Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 29, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

Tommy Smith, son-in-law of late Titans owner Bud Adams, is taking over as president and CEO of the franchise.

Smith announced the move in a statement released by the Titans on Tuesday.

Also, Susie Adams Smith and Amy Adams Hunt, Adams’ two daughters, will serve as Co-Chairpersons. Kenneth Adams IV, grandson of the late Titans owner, will join the Titans board as a Director.

Adams died last Monday at the age of 90.

The family released a statement on Tuesday:

“As an organization, we started the year with a plan and we will continue to work towards the goals we have laid out, including a winning season, the playoffs and ultimately building a consistent winner. Through the years, our families and I have been consistently updated on all aspects of the organization from football operations to the business side from those who run those areas and we will continue those interactions on a daily basis. We will be taking all the necessary steps, in concert with the league office, to remain in compliance with league rules in our ownership structure. That process will not be immediate, but it has begun. Until we gain that approval, we will stay out of the spotlight, but know that we are directing the organization and staying informed of daily activities. The continuity and knowledge I have gained in decades of being involved with the team will aid our organization during this transition.

“We want our fans to know that we have the best interest of the franchise in mind and we share both Bud’s passion for the game and his commitment to the city of Nashville and the Mid-South Region. We are excited for what lies ahead for this franchise and our fans.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,499
    [IMG]

No surprises but glad to hear it made official.

EDIT: Above photo is of Kenneth Adams IV, Bud's grandson.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,417
    You damn well better. The Titans are my team people.
    Dman and Riverman high five this.
  2. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,440
    He originally turned this down years ago. I believe they all live outside of Nashville somewhere as well. Interesting.
  3. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,215
    Well, now we know.
  4. Na$hville Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $1,753
    Hope they're serious about winning and not bsing
    cdubbs2121, afcsouthdom and SlidePiece high five this.
  5. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,215
    I think he has been defacto in charge of the team for a while now. Since Jeff Diamond left I think.
  6. Young54 The KID

McNair
    Moolah:
    $454
    For a quick second I thought that read "Torrey Smith", the WR from Baltimore. Wow!
  7. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,666
    If this guy is smart he follows my goTitans account
    cdubbs2121 and Big Time Titan high five this.
  8. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,100
    glad to hear it official and I think he will do well if he is true to his word in regard to doing the best for the fans!
    afcsouthdom high fives this.