Tommy Boy has Spoken (Obesity in America)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titantrusince82, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

lol. And everybody knows that you need a $100/mo gym membership to exercise in today's society. Walking is SO 20th century. lol.[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

$10 at work out world sure gets it done for me.

3. nickmsmith

zero dollars at "Get off my lazy ass once or twice a week and walk around the campus I live near" does it for me.

Now.. just for some warmer weather.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I live in MA we've been getting blasted with snow for the last 2 weeks, I wish it was nice out.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Yep

That is why I wanted restrictions on what food stamps could purchase.

Everyone went crazy.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. nickmsmith

It'll never happen, because Coca Cola, Kraft/Pepsi, etc. would all lose a TON of money, and they would throw a fit. They are huge American companies, paying huge amounts of taxes to the Government. So overall.. public health is less important than the bottom line.
    Plus, there would be lawsuits out the wazoo by these companies for the government violating antitrust laws.

But if all things were fair.. you are totally right. Government should not be paying for sugary garbage. Fruits, vegetables, dairy, bread, and meats only. No desserts, beer, smokes, candy, soft drinks. If you want to buy that S#$#, you can either earn your own money, or sell your food stamps (they're doing that anyway, 50c cash on the dollar in foodstamps, at least in my town.)

People are already illegally using food stamps to buy alcohol, drugs, and all kinds of other crap, indirectly. I personally know people who do this.

Ideally, they should make it to where you do that for other garbage to eat. At least the Gov't isn't sponsoring the behavior.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Not sure your point if you're not calling me an azz.

People should treat others with respect but rules of civility change for public personna. That is the price of fame. If you become famous, you are subject to anonymous criticism. And this is a forum that utilizes an anonymous format. Polite goes a long way. I doubt anyone here would be rude (or bold) enough to call Tommy Smith fat to his face.

All that aside, obesity in a way is a lack of self respect. Why should others respect you if are indulgent/gluttonous? I don't necessarily have a problem with fat people, just when they act as if they are helpless or are a victim of some external force that has put the fat on them.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I walk to work. 20 minutes and there is a big hill on the way. Not only is the workout free but I save money on parking.

And I live in Canada ;) More snow just means better workout lol. Honestly, on those bad snow days I would not even save much time driving. By the time I clean and warm up my car.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You're a better man than me.

10. nickmsmith

Here, people will fight for the closest parking spot at the gym, so they can go run a mile on a treadmill. Does that make sense?

Only in the USofA. :)

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar