Tommie off to a horrible start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Maybe they've already talked in private.

I think Paul just needs to relax and find some real news to write about.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You guys crack me up.

So does Paul. Dude spouts opinions like a casual fan.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I agree it's not cool to leave Munch dangling but it's possible things are progressing behind the scenes.

Tommy might be reaching out to various agents of candidates he wants to interview to gauge interest. If no one he's targeting is available, he may not want to make the change.

• High Five High Five x 6
  5. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

I agree with PK, it was not a good move for the organization to put Munchak in a press conference yesterday. Frankly, I felt sorry for the guy. If they have the level of respect they claim to have for Munchak, they should have either cancelled the presser or had RW handle it. Regardless, the lack of a decision is the story.

Having said that, I still think a coaching change or more importantly a culture change is needed in the organization. So far, TS seems to be more of the same. First test for the new owner and he failed.

Next.

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Of course, you do realize that you have no idea what he's thinking or doing right now behind the scenes right?

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think that is exactly what is going on. TS would be a fool to fire Munchak and jettison the present build plan without a more attractive plan (HC candidate) available. It would be like jumping out of a plane without a parachute.

My problem with his apparent delay though is that this should have been occurring during the final weeks of the season when it was clear Munchak's plan is not progressing as planned. It is insulting for anybody to suggest the last two wins were in any way impressive.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Exactly. No reason to fire Munch if there isn't a competent replacement. I would like change too...however lets not jump out of the frying pan and into the fire!

9. amy

amy Starter

He could-and should- have done that weeks ago if he had even the slightest notion of firing Munchak. Great businessmen don't procrastinate. But then, maybe he's just living off the largesse of his wife.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

wishful thinking?? sounds like that would be too good to be true...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar