Tom Brady's Suspension Reinstated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBC

JBC Starter

Godell heard the evidence as the arbitrator on the case. It was a civil law case, that's why his decision was appealed in court.

2. JBC

JBC Starter

But only the footballs for one team...

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It was not civil law up until Brady took the Commissaire/NLF to court...up to that point it was a workplace discipline situation.

4. Big TT

Wrong...check again...both teams were off...just not as much for the dolts.

5. JBC

JBC Starter

What is your arguement here? Brady didn't accept the punishment and appealed. Didn't accept Godell's decision as arbitrator, so he appealed. NFL didn't accept the lower court's ruling, so appealed. Courts ruled that Godell had the authority to suspend Brady. That is a civil law case.

6. Big TT

Yes, after Brady appeals...before that it is a workplace discipline...not a court case. All I am saying...you guys are acting like it was a court case from the beginning and it wasn't.

7. Wraith

Wraith Starter

not enough to account for the level of difference reported and if anything it didn't help the passing game, the run game is what won the Patriots that game as it is. If this was simply a PR type deal they wouldn't have upheld the entire suspension on Brady's appeal within the league. While the power thing is a part of this, I'm not denying that fact at all, there is far more to this than just that because of the total circumstances of what was going on.

Brady knowingly destroyed relevant records that had been requested while under investigation by the league, this case is going to set the precedent for how that action is handled by the NFL and because of that they had to take a hardline approach like this. You can't logically argue that this isn't the case on this, after two teams reported this they had to investigate it and precedent is so important on this kind of issue that the NFL had it's hands tied in many ways regarding how they dealt with this.

I don't like the fact that this "scandal" regarding deflated footballs, which don't actually provide any tangible benefit at all, turned into this type of case and think taking away a 1st was a major overreaction by the league. The Brady part is something that I understand far more because of the issue of how it is going to affect the policy of the league permanently regarding actions by players under investigation for potential cheating. I think 4 games is probably a bit more than needed, but a suspension is how they needed to handle this because of those factors.

8. JBC

JBC Starter

Saying it was civil law. Work place discipline falls under civil law.

9. Big TT

From what I have read it can have such an effect...tell you what...check all four of your car's tires air pressure...see if they are all the same.

10. Big TT

Not until it goes to court. If you get "written" up or put on notice about something it is not a civil court proceeding unless and until you go to court.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar