Tom Brady

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

So the top 5 is:
    Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Tony Romo and Steve Young then? You're very hung up on rating and specifically playoff rating.
    I bet you're right about not having 7 SB visits with 5 wins elsewhere but the only reason NE has been able to accomplish that is because Brady is their QB. That is such an incredible accomplishment, that I can't even imagine it in any other place with any other QB.
    I'll say it, I don't think Rodgers would have that success in NE. They're different QB's. When it's all said and done, we can go throughout history and find all kinds of QB's that were on the wrong team and some lesser QB, career wise, out performed them. I think in the same speculation, maybe if Brady was in GB, maybe they'd be more than 1-0 since 2001. Lot of people think Marino is better than Young or maybe even Elway but it's really hard to argue without any SB trophies, despite being a team sport.
    Sorry but 1-0 doesn't beat 5-2 in my book.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

IMG_2984.JPG

• LOL LOL x 3
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Except Rodgers has performed better, but has a significantly worse defense to hold him back from getting to more SBs, and I just provided plenty of data to support that. I'm not sure how NE getting a more efficient QB in Rodgers would make them worse, or GB getting a less efficient, less mobile QB in Brady would make them better. Brady isn't winning anything if his defense is giving up 37+ points every time they face a great offense.

You keep giving team accomplishments to Brady, when his individual performance is worse, and his defense has performed much better than Rodgers'. If that's not clicking with you, nothing will.

4. HurrayTitans!

You keep bringing up very specific games. Also note that it took a good defense to get Rodgers over the top. 7 SB appearances. No one is close.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You are proving my point. Defense wins championships. Brady isn't getting to 7 with the defenses Rodgers, Manning, and Brees have had to deal with.

6. HurrayTitans!

None of which could win without defense, so what's the difference. You're only using playoff rating as the separator between Rodgers and Brady.
    i guess to really prove your point, you would need to see Rodgers vs Brady in their prime years with an evenly matched defense.
    Since that will never happen, speculation is the only way to ever compare "greatest QB". That and when they are part of a team that accomplishes major goals like winning the SB.

As a stated before about trying to compare guys like Montana to Brady, the game all around is so different.
    what about the competition they faced? Brady had to beat roethlisberger run steelers, manning run colts and broncos, or the ravens defense.
    Your basic argument is Rodgers is better than Brady and would have all of the same accomplishments (or more) if their defenses were reversed for their careers. Seems like there are tons of other factors that still would be in play.

No matter how many factors you want to throw out there, 1 QB has ever been in 7 SB or 11 conference championships or has 5 SB wins.

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Team accomplishment. 89 playoff QB rating is Brady's contribution, 13th best of all time. Not GOAT, IMO. And NE had trouble in the playoffs and SB when there was actually some competition in the AFC. Now that there is virtually none, they can just stumble into the SB and never have to experience a first round playoff game.

8. HurrayTitans!

Fine. They've won 5 SB, played in 7 and wrecked the AFC for 15 years despite his play. You win. Rodgers, manning and Marino are the 3 greatest QBs. Few acknowledge it by they've been entirely screwed by lack of defense or they'd probably have a handful of rings each.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I think Marino's lack of a SB ring due to a lackluster supporting cast has been well documented, and once the smoke clears after Brady and Rodgers retire and all of the idiotic bandwagon fans die off, people will examine both of their careers and come to the same conclusion.

However, we're way off topic. Nobody can match up with NE in the AFC at the moment. The arrow is pointed way up for the Titans, but even if the next NE quarterback isn't Brady, his supporting cast keeps improving so he doesn't really have to be unless another team steps up.

Tennessee has as good a shot as any to be the next big team in the conference. I just hope they can knock off NE while BB and Brady are still around so people won't be able to hold that over our heads.

10. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

In my short time posting here. While being a long time lurker. This guy will go against anyone that quotes him.

Brady could have gone 19-0 and he will still say a quarterback in the league is better because they ain't got the defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar