Tom Brady

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

You said Brady lost 2 SBs, but Brady has also won 2 Super Bowls that they should of lost and I don't know of many QBs who could have came back and erased the deficit from last season

2016 average PPG per team was 22.7

1985 average PPG per team was 21.5

In each of Montana's 4 SBs, he had one of the best defenses in the league as well.

1981-#2

1984- #1

1988-#8

1999-#3

Montana never made the SB without a great defense.

As far as Rodgers goes --

Aaron Rodgers makes ridiculous plays that Brady could not. No other QB for that matter.

However, I'll take Brady and Manning and their pre snap reads every day of the week over the circus plays. I know Rodgers can read a defense, but Brady is on a whole other level. IMO of course

Thise those late teams 80's early 90's teams were a product of money. At that point however, he had already won 2 rings. I guess I'm pointing fingers at Steve Young.

Brady is definitely one of the all time greats. Most QB's in this conversation have a "yeah...but" attached to them. Brady's teams went 11-5 without him and 3-1 without him (14-6) record. But that's just poking holes. He has put up a string of monster seasons dating back to 2007.

When it's all said and done I hope Brees at least gets a shoutout in this conversation. Brees has all the numbers he needs to be in this conversation. But lacks multiple rings and hasn't won an MVP. Though, it was highway robbery that he didn't win in 2009. And didn't win in 2011 when he: set an NFL record for passing yards, led the league in TD passes, led the league in completion percentage and posted a 13-3 record. He lost the award to a different QB.....

#121 MariGOATa, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

and F pizzburgH RITP!

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That's because most teams with 28-3 leads are smart enough to play ball control instead of leaving their young defense on the field for that long.

People can credit Brady with whatever intangibles they want, but it's clear that it is a QB friendly system with mismatches and options all over the field, as well as rub routes to get guys open. He threw it to his RB 14 times in the SB. It is a very smart system, and I'm not sure why it isn't implemented here (when we have 2 TE sets with Supernaw and Henry in, our options are much more limited).

GB has a much more vanilla system, built on iso routes which rarely work in tandem to get guys open, generic screens for the RB as far as the passing game goes, and just requires a lot of improvisation on Rodgers' part and chemistry with his WRs in order to be unpredictable enough to be successful. The Titans probably have a more sophisticated offensive scheme. I mean, they have a good OL, a QB who can throw it anywhere, and still can't run the ball because the plays are so predictable and unimaginative.

It's clear that Brady is smart enough and still has the arm to run that system to a T, but that system is truly special. I'd completely forgive McDaniels' run with the Broncos in order to bring it here .

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Tom Brady is a pretty great QB. What's the issue?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

BB needs a leader like Brady, otherwise the kool-aid starts to sour with every loss. They've made each other and they know it, I doubt either if them has the itch to show that they can maintain the excellence without the other...like Ditka-Ryan. Which is why I keep thinking that they will retire the same year.

Makes for a good story ending too.

6. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Manning played with arguebly the best 2015 Broncos defense of all time.

He also played with a 2006 Colts Defense that allowed 13.3 ppg in the playoffs. What are you talking about?

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I know it's only one game but the Patriots are in for a down year...all good things must end, even for a short time.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What's a down year for them? A loss in the AFC Championship?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

6-10, calling it now

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I hope you're right, but there's no way they go 6-10. I see 10-6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar