Tom Brady

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Real mature, buddy. I figured Brady had enough gay lovers, and wanted to give an alternate view using facts and figures.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How long til madden curse gets brady?

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Dunno... didn't see the whole game, but Brady didn't appear to be the problem.

In fact, I would have never guessed he's as old as he is. Granted, we'll see in October.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He wasn't. KC is a tough defense and NE WRs are getting decimated. Certainly wasn't helping that their defense was getting shredded by Alex freaking Smith.

Brady's gonna be fine this year.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Brady looked a little off at times, but I guess that's to be expected week 1.

They definitely missed Elderman last night. If Gronk goes down, then it's a wrap for the Patriots.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agree that QB's shouldn't always be given the hype of winning a SB. Sometimes teams win inspite of them.

However, Brady has been very good and for the last several years...the offense goes through him.

And who cares if he runs a 5.4 40 or is 13th on the all-time qb ratings in the playoffs? Tony Romo is ranked 11th. Is he a better QB?

And the 'great' Mark Sanchez is ranked 8th. Is he a better qb than Tom Brady? No, he's a backup QB!

Cherry picking stats gets you into trouble. And it's funny you downgrade Brady for being slow. Means nothing.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

Of course, NE would never trade him to a division rival. But would they send Garapalo for the right price? Would the Jets be dumb enough to pay it?

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Where would Tom Brady be? Brady was a late round backup QB who ONLY got a shot due to circumstances.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

For me, it is a few things as I think you have to try to put the players in context. In Montana's era, the secondary play was much different and a lot more difficult so you can't just compare #'s to #'s because the rules were different. Remember that Pats/Colts playoff game where NE's cb's mugged the Colts wr's and Manning was whining that it wasn't fair and blah blah blah. And of course, he had a bad game because of it. That was much MORE of what guys like Montana had to deal with in their era. So Brady should have a distinct numbers advantage and does have one more ring. But...

Brady has also lost 2 SB's which they 'should' have won given him in his prime with Moss and co. but he didn't play well in those games. In fact, Brady isn't even in the top 10 for QB rating IN the Super Bowl while Montana...is #1!!! Montana is also 4-0! Montana was a very good reg season QB who was better in the playoffs and the best of all time in the Super Bowl and undefeated.

Brady is best in the reg season, worse in the playoffs, and had up and down performances in the Super Bowl.

I'll take Montana who IMHO was better...and did it under much more difficult circumstances!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

The game planning on the Pats' end bothered me. It seems like they sold out on the defensive end to stop Kelce. And it didn't work. At all. On the offensive side, they seemed to try too hard to get the running game going early, and Brady never seemed to get in a groove as a result. Saw a number of consecutive runs on 1st and 2nd down, only to force Brady into a 3rd down conversion position that usually ended up unsuccessful (especially so after Amendola left the game).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar