Todd McShay's latest Mock...............1/9/07

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I am for drafting for the line first, I believe. Several top DTs and DEs.

I am intrigued by Carriker, Dorsey, Okoye. I wish we had a chance at Anderson, but we probably don't. Okoye, I wonder if he would develop like Starks, who was the youngest player in the draft in 2004 when we drafted him, in case anyone forgot. I wonder if Carriker is a lock for the first, though. Just thought it'd be weird to have two Nebraska DEs on the roster. He's got Kevin Carter size, but I honestly don't know how he translates. I need to see more here - I didn't get to see Nebraska play this year.

I expect us to fanatically tackle CB during FA, and DE if we can. That will explain a lot right there concerning the draft. I don't think we'll take a CB in round one this year. I think we miss on Landry. Not sure if we take Nelson - will have to have great workout numbers still, I believe, to be considered.

I'm not against taking Jarrett, but I'd be happy to take Patrick Willis. Sorry Tulloch, you have just been upgraded. And since we will cut Pillar and Olson doesn't have much more time than that, Justin Blalock has to get some consideration from me. Willis and Blalock are the two I actually would like first unless someone from the top falls down (Anderson or Landry). And I like Jarrett a lot, but he doesn't represent the biggest need. Stopping the run and road-grating defenders are tops to me right now. I'd take Anderson or Landry as close to sure things if they were within reach.

Also not opposed to trading down a spot or two.

In round two, I would consider CB Houston from Arkansas, DT Harrell from TN.

Just some thoughts.

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

GLinks is a Genius!

I completely agree. I D needs mad help against the run. I really would like to have Pat Willis. I believe that we may have the answer at S if we allow one of out fourth rounders (Fuller or Lowery) who both show alot of promise to get more playing time bc LT is clearly not the answer.

Are there any high prospect Centers coming out? Mawae isnt getting any younger.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

A MLB who will miss half the plays may be a hard sell. But, we have had 3 lb's on the field sometimes in nickle. If they think they could do that more, it could be a great pick.

Harrell may be a steal. I wonder how he's recovered from that biceps injury.

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Thats only under chief rad hat. Hopefully we wont have to worry about him next year.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hill or landry..

The mock is lame in my opinion. Jarrett not likely to fall that far. I want us to take a top corner like mccauley, hall or revis or a top safety like hill or landry. The dream draft for me would be to get leon hall in rd one and griffen the texas safety in rd 2.

We draft like that and we could have the leagues best secondary within a year!

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i've seen leon hall play three times; vince young ran right by him, ted ginn ran right by him and dwayne jarrett ran right by him.

picking leon hall would be a terrible mistake.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I am not for Hall, and Antoine Cason is going back to Arizona. No to CB.

I would be happier taking a sure thing in the draft. I like Willis, and if he's the best overall available, we should take him unless there is someone flat out better. Also, we're likely to lose Sirmon, a good thing, but Bulluck and Thornton are our veteran players, and then Buckwoldt and Reynolds, either of whom could be gone. When we drafted Bulluck, we were set at LB. We're glad we did now. Also, if there is an injury to an outside player, a player like Willis will be handy to have. Then he could slide out, and Tulloch comes in to the middle. But if we address that in FA (Lance Briggs, Zach Thomas), we'll likely be looking in a different direction.

I don't know why we keep saying "Merriweather." I seriously doubt he becomes an option. Possible. Unlikely, I think. We could have our next starting safety on the roster, and I hope we do, but I wouldn't mind one more if clearly better via the draft.

So, depending on who the BPA is in round one, in short, I see us addressing D-Line within round one to two. I still like Blalock. With Vince back there, to me, we can't have enough protection.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

every WR in the first round drafted > jarret

9. :yes:

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

anyone heard from bongo lately...i figured he'd be stopping in before the draft telling giving us some of his 'insight'....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar