Todd McShay's 2016 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JR1980, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudad

Rudad Starter

QB's expected to go early, as usual. Teams wanting might have to trade up. Especially if want a particular one. Dallas coached Wentz in senior bowl correct?

2. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Oh wasn't aware of that. They will have to give up quite a bit to move within the top 10 if the QB's start going then. Unless they are eye-ballin a proven vet to come in. Even if they get they get a highly coveted FA QB, they wouldn't pay nearly the amount Bradford was getting paid.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I like Ramsey, but he's not shutting down one side of the field. Has anyone truly figured out his NFL position? He's a FS. But he's a box safety, not a range safety. He's not fixing our secondary.

He's more Polamalu than Ed Reed. That doesn't help us in coverage, which is what you're advocating taking him does. So he'd be covering TEs as opposed to Griffin, we still have no change in Corner coverage and problems....

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He can do it all, lets not act like he cant

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

You say that like covering TEs is a bad thing here... always our achilles heel.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

glad to see an expert knows what he's talking about when referencing Joey Bosa and his ability to transition to a 3-4.

A+

7. Tommy Udo

Tommy Udo Practice Squad

Bosa is probably the most over-hyped prospect in this draft class. I'm really interested to see what kind of skill numbers he puts up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Wheres the turnovers for Ramsey. Was it just unlucky? Ppl just didnt throw to him?

Any FSU fans wanna help me out

9. Tommy Udo

Tommy Udo Practice Squad

I read this take on him and it seems to fit pretty well -

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

1. He wasn't tested often at CB, but when he was QBs completed like 38%(going from memory)* of their passes.
    2. Putting him at CB limited his playmaking ability. I still maintain he's at his most impactful when he can roam in the Polomalu role.
    3. He can't catch. He dropped probably three INTs.

FSU's LBs were terrible in coverage in 2015 and they ended up playing a walk-on at NB after Trey Marshall got hurt. When the defense got beat via the pass it was almost always up the seam or in the gap between the LBs and deep S.

Edit: He did win the BC game with a fumble return for a TD, so there's that.

*Jalen Ramsey Draft Profile – NFL.com Yeah. 38.5%.

#70 Fry, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar