Today's Positives

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

1) Defense is playing opportunistic football and has a really good team awareness, despite giving up huge passing yardage. Still limited points to best total yet, and created turnovers.

2) Titans let Britt play with Young today and their chemistry paid off.

3) Witherspoon got his third sack in as many games. I like the way the Titans are using him. He should have tipped that first pass, but redeemed himself when he tipped the ball McCourty intercepted.

4) Gage has been making more routine appearances.

5) While missing Ford, Hayes not being fully up to speed, Morgan having to switch positions, and Brown not up to 100% yet and not helping the matter, probably, thank goodness Dave Ball is playing some of the best football of his life.

6) There's games where Jason Jones will be the focal point of the defensive line.

7) Javon Ringer takes teams by surprise and makes the most of his opportunities.

8) Titans showed some improvement in willingness to use play action. They have something good to build upon.

9) Amano had a couple of good plays later in the game, but I've been wondering if some of the problem doesn't go all the way back to giving him his preference of starting positions between C and LG. Harris is a nasty center, like Mawae, but stronger at the point of attack than either Mawae or Amano, and even started there in one playoff game. I have to wonder if this decision doesn't need to be reversed. Time will tell.

10) Special teams played it's best game yet. Mariani's consistency paid off, and coverage was fairly consistent.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Amano is a good guard, but he's a terrible center. All of the mix ups are between him and the guards.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Guess I named all the positives, eh?

4. turnNburn

turnNburn All American NCAAF Gamer!

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I never understood playing Amano at center and Harris at guard. Just doesn't make sense. While we're at it, Let's play Tony Brown at OLB. :crazy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar