Today im very Asante Samuel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Samuel is worth a 4th but if Philly is serious about trading him they'll take a 5th.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Considering the fact that the cost would be way less (a 7th round pick and $1 million vs. a 4th round pick and $10 million), yes.

Don't get me wrong--I am completely against using draft picks on players with character risks. I just don't really have a problem with bringing them in when the risk is basically nothing.

Talib is a true shutdown corner, a former first round pick. He is a better player than Samuel who would cost much less. Why not take the chance on a guy like that when the risk is basically zero? If it doesn't work out, cut him. You lost a 7th round pick at most.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I agree with your thinking here, but Talib is surely gonna be suspended and probably even do some time. He won't help us early on in the season like Samuel will be able to do.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If he goes to jail and never plays again, then yeah... don't do the trade. Make it a conditional 7th that only goes to the Bucs if he plays for the Titans.

I wouldn't have a problem waiting 8 games for him to be suspended, though. The Titans already have starting CBs on the roster. Talib would be a bonus, not a necessity.

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

if he is only suspended then i dont see why not give up something for talib...it worked out for the jets with holmes....but only way i would give up a 5th for samuel is if he restructured

we may even be able to get nebraska's corner in the second possibly so im not sure if i would want to or not...

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Pull the trigger for a 5th.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

No to Talib, guy has consistently shown he will always get in trouble. I don't want whatever distraction he would bring here.

This is coming from a part time Bucs fan as well.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Asante for a 5th, heck i'd make it a 5th this year and next year... Asante may suck at tackling, but the dude is a lockdown zone defender, and a solid man defender. He doesn't give up a deep ball, and is aging. We can get atleast 2-3 years outta the man. A trio of Asante, McCourty, and Verner would be dominance. I can't understate how underrated McCourty and Verner are.

We can then focus on drafting some pass-rushers, and help the secondary out even more.

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

And you're also saying he might not be worth a 4th round pick??? The man has been one of the top cb's in the league for the longest...and 31 isn't that old for a corner like him who uses technique over physical gifts...look at Ronde Barber. Anyways..he's easily worth a 4th although I wouldn't give a 3rd because I believe that's where our future center will be picked.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Can they still cut him without getting a huge cap hit?

Because if so, then don't rule that out. we see this all the time, trying to just shop a player and get 'whatever' instead of nothing.

I'd offer a 4th/5th/6th and if we get him i'd be very happy, with the actual pick depending on if he is willing to negotiate that 9.9M.

But regardless guys, i agree with xpmar9x i'm very high on our 3CBs. Mac, ATV, and Hawk are a solid solid trio. Its not them i am worried about. its the rush/safety help that concerns me, as CBs can only do so much by themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar