To trade, or not to trade. That is the question.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 21, 2008.

?
  1. NO TRADE

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Trade for mid-rounder sounds good

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Trade for 2nd rounder or higher ONLY

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. Trade for another vet player ONLY

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if we trade him for a 5th, I will personally drive to BSP and raise hell

2. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

I think you should start your car, because a 6th is not out of the question.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

never gonna happen
    makes more sense to let him rot

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

This is stupid. We're potentially letting go a future pro-bowl CB (who we need DESPERATELY on special teams and on defense). Yeah, he's screwed us over...but maybe his situation has changed, maybe he has better instincts. We just gain more by letting him stay here for another year. Letting him go will only hurt us in the long run. Plus, he was our first round pick in 05! We can't just let those go. The Titans need to think long and HARD about this trade situation, we have to get as much as possible for him. He will continue to dominate and I think we're making a terrible mistake. Trading Pacman Jones, one of the best punt/kick returners in the league and a shut down corner for a 5th round draft pick? Personal issues aside, this is a VERY dumb decision. We simply have to get more for him. Let's make him stay here, make him play, his value will skyrocket and we may be able to trade him away for a first or second pick next year. We might be able to get a #1 WR for him later on...so lets be strategic about this instead of stupid!

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm glad there is some talk going on the Titans may get something for him.

Anything is more than what I thought they'd gotten a month ago.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't understand why the FO just doesn't let him "earn his trade" with the 08 season (if reinstated). If I understand right, he is a RFA in 09. If he has a good season, tender him high or trade him.

The FO would be wise to gear up and play the "play well for us in 08 or die on the vine" card with Pac and his agent". Accepting a measley mid or late rounder trade has a very low probability to produce like a motivated Pac.

7. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Yep, I agree. The titans could still milk all they want for him next year, and trade him for a higher pick when his value goes up.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You love to draw conclusions, even though there is no guarantee your prediction turns our right.

Sure it COULD go down as one of the dumbest trades in history, OR Pac gets trades and gets booted out of the NFL during this season, and our 4th round pick (or whatever) becomes a solid starter for several seasons.

There is no way to tell, at this point, that it would be one of the worst trades in history.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree.

Although I know a lot of people are going to disagree with this statement, I think getting rid of him now, for whatever we can get, is a good message to the team and a good message about what kind of franchise the Titans are going to become.

It's time the Titans repair their damaged image from many things over the years. Pac isn't going to help us do that.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2005: Signed a five-year, $30 million contract
    The deal contains $15.1 million in guarantees, including Jones' 2008 base salary. 2008: $1.2925 million, 2009: $1.7425 million, 2010: $2.192 million,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar