To trade, or not to trade. That is the question.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 21, 2008.

?
  1. NO TRADE

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Trade for mid-rounder sounds good

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Trade for 2nd rounder or higher ONLY

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. Trade for another vet player ONLY

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I know a thread has already been started about the Pacman trade, but I thought it would be interesting to see how it would break down.

2. fitantitans

Why is Dallas and the Pats interested in Pacman? Because, if managed correctly, he is a devastating weapon both at CB and return man. He is valuable.
    Is he worth a trade? For who, an unknown player strait out of college that might not pan out to be anything? Knowing the Titans history in the draft, a trade sounds like a long shot at getting anything. I would want a proven player of need, not a draft pick. OR, a proven player of need AND a low draft pick.
    So, <u>to me</u>, it comes down to two options;
    Keep him and gamble he stays clean off the field, or,
    Trade for a proven player of need.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm glad you did, as it allows discussion on updates to the saga that is Bernard Jones ....... like the ones involving the Patriots being AT THE TOP of his list ..... and the ones that keep Detroit in the loop

4. fitantitans

"Pac and our 2nd for Roy Williams and if Pac does well then we get a conditional 2nd day pick from the Lions in '09.----- ( I still like this one )"
    I like that one to. How would the Lions think about it?

5. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

well i think if we do trade him, we need to get a 2nd rounder no matter wat. he is an amazing cb. and with attitude problems set aside he has the chance to turn heads and drop jaws. just like he did against the giants two years ago. haha with that said i dont think we can just simply let him walk for a mid rounder. thats just dum. if we can get a 2nd rounder, that will allow us to draft WR first round, and go DT and either CB or O-Line in the 2nd. Do it.

6. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Let me get this straight... We are ready to give away one of our best players, not to mention one of the best players in the league for next to nothing?! No deal.

Until he comes out and says "TRADE ME!" I keep him on this team. Whats the risk? That he gets banned again? So what. We won't have to pay his salary. Even if he did demand a trade I would still keep him until his contract ran out. He is at the very least a game breaker on special teams. At his best, a guy who has to be accounted for on every snap that he is on the field. Those guys are "Rare"!

I could care less about the fact that he has been an idiot, if he helps us win then I want him on the team. Look at Albert, everyone including myself thought he was a headcase and then look how he turned it around.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

His value right now is in the basement and he's already cost this team a lot. Dropping him now would just cost us even more. If we keep him for a year and he stays out of trouble his value jumps tremendously. It can only help us to hang on to him for 1 year. We're talking at best a mid-round pick right now... after a year of returning kicks and strip-club-free entertainment we could trade him for a top WR.

If we trade him for nothing now, we lose now. If we hold on to him, we might lose the chance at an extra draft pick if he screws up - or we gain a nice trade option.

8. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I also think that we should hold onto Pac, but I think their hands are tied more or less. He has expressed his opinion on wanting to go to Dallas, and it would seem like the Titans have expressed their disinterest to keep him. It really is a shame, because he solved alot of our problems on the field single-handedly.

I do think if we kept him this year, his value would skyrocket, leading to a whole lot of options with trades and what not. The first time he ran a punt back for a TD, analysts and reporters would start to talk about how great he is again. Tell you the truth, I think the first time he runs a TD back, alot of fans' anger would start to simmer down. Oh well. Hopefully we'll find a similar player in the draft who can be a multi-purpose weapon

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Were going to trade him, its evident, its a shame, he will be a pro bowler, I wish we wouldnt

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There is ZERO justification in a trade. It'd go down as one of the dumbest moves in NFL history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar